C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of error Codes while things are working fine

Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 AM
Riachy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of error Codes while things are working fine

Hello I'm new to corvette I bought my first one a couple of weeks ago.
I need some help with a list of error codes on the scan tool (the attached image) but note that everything is working fine (except the check engine light is on).

What I already did:
tested the evap solenoid next to the throttle body it's working fine and there is + voltage and the -signal from the ecu on the pins, the same for the evap valve next to the rear right tire also the AC, rpm and vehicle speed are all working fine, even when I fill up the car everything is normal(I read on the forum that the evap solenoids can cause some issue when filling the car).

When I try to clear the codes with the engine off only the evap codes P0443 and P0449 show up
when I turn the engine on or if I cleared the codes with the engine running the P0608, P0645, P0650, P0654 are there and after a while with the engine on the U0073 show up

where should i start digging? please advice and can someone share with me the wiring diagram of the 2006? or any other technical document that can be useful for this issue thanks

Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 AM
Riachy
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems it's not a known issue, can someone share with me the c6 wiring diagram?
Old 07-05-2019, 07:16 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,116 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Riachy
Hello I'm new to corvette I bought my first one a couple of weeks ago.
I need some help with a list of error codes on the scan tool (the attached image) but note that everything is working fine (except the check engine light is on).

What I already did:
tested the evap solenoid next to the throttle body it's working fine and there is + voltage and the -signal from the ecu on the pins, the same for the evap valve next to the rear right tire also the AC, rpm and vehicle speed are all working fine, even when I fill up the car everything is normal(I read on the forum that the evap solenoids can cause some issue when filling the car

When I try to clear the codes with the engine off only the evap codes P0443 and P0449 show up
when I turn the engine on or if I cleared the codes with the engine running the P0608, P0645, P0650, P0654 are there and after a while with the engine on the U0073 show up

where should i start digging? please advice and can someone share with me the wiring diagram of the 2006? or any other technical document that can be useful for this issue thanks

The EVAP vent valve (normal open) if stuck closed can make the car difficult to fill up at the pump...the EVAP purge valve (normally closed) can also cause driveability issues after fill up !!...fuel vapors from the EVAP canister getting drawn into the intake which will cause the car to run rich and once all the fuel vapors are burned then it will run lean !!...when testing both purge and vent valve were they both “clicking” when testing ??

Last edited by C5 Diag; 07-05-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:09 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,116 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Forgot to mention that unless you have a bi directional scan tool there is no way you can test the control side of the vent and purge solenoids !!...you would need to use the scan tool to command and ground the control wires...both are ground side switched !!...with the volt meter back probing each side of the solenoid connector you should be reading 12 volts on the feed and control wires...if 12 volts on the feed and 0 on the control you have either an open in the coil (bad vent solenoid), short to ground on the control wire (wiring issue) or the computer driver for that control wire always stuck on (bad PCM) !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 07-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To List of error Codes while things are working fine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: List of error Codes while things are working fine