C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options? Mild Cam in rebuilt LS2 Can't Pass Emmissions Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Slowridr
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Options? Mild Cam in rebuilt LS2 Can't Pass Emmissions Inspection

It's a very long story. I'll just spare the details unless you want to hear. Dealing with this car has become a love hate relationship but in the end probably not the cars fault.

Here's the situation. Had this LS2 which is original to the car rebuilt with a now Cam everything else in the engine I am told is stock components. The catalytic converter sensors or the Evap sensors won't reset at least that's what I'm told by the emissions station.

I've probably put 300 miles on the car and they still won't reset so I came on the forum and found a thread with someone in a similar situation.... the 2 options were to go through a tedious process to force a reset or take it to the dealer and have them reset the sensors. So off to the dealer I go.

The dealer Tech tells me that they can't reset the sensors because of some fuel trim settings related to how the car was tuned.

This is what he gave me and suggested I talk to the tuner to have these things addressed and then the catalytic converter issue would be resolved. I have no idea what's going on here so tuners please chime in.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:46 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Slowridr
It's a very long story. I'll just spare the details unless you want to hear. Dealing with this car has become a love hate relationship but in the end probably not the cars fault.

Here's the situation. Had this LS2 which is original to the car rebuilt with a now Cam everything else in the engine I am told is stock components. The catalytic converter sensors or the Evap sensors won't reset at least that's what I'm told by the emissions station.

I've probably put 300 miles on the car and they still won't reset so I came on the forum and found a thread with someone in a similar situation.... the 2 options were to go through a tedious process to force a reset or take it to the dealer and have them reset the sensors. So off to the dealer I go.

The dealer Tech tells me that they can't reset the sensors because of some fuel trim settings related to how the car was tuned.

This is what he gave me and suggested I talk to the tuner to have these things addressed and then the catalytic converter issue would be resolved. I have no idea what's going on here so tuners please chime in.

Find somebody with HP Tuners and I can show you what to change in the tune so everything will show as being ready.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:30 PM
Slowridr
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I sure appreciate that. I will try to locate someone asap.

If anyone in the Atlanta area has HP Tuners please PM me!

Last edited by Slowridr; 06-19-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,278 Likes on 923 Posts

They disabled long term fuel trims. Enable it again and you will be golden.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:49 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
They disabled long term fuel trims. Enable it again and you will be golden.
That's a start. But 16% fuel trims tells me they could stand to do more work on getting the base fuel delivery right too. I would start with making sure you have 100% correct injector data, then doing steady state MAF and (virtual)VE corrections. If those are right, lots of other things fall right into place.

Get notified of new replies

To Options? Mild Cam in rebuilt LS2 Can't Pass Emmissions Inspection

Quick Reply: Options? Mild Cam in rebuilt LS2 Can't Pass Emmissions Inspection