C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno and Tune - Memphis, TN

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 02:05 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Received 395 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Dyno and Tune - Memphis, TN

Can anyone recommend a shop for dyno and tuning in Memphis, TN?

I have a 2010 GS coupe that is bone stock at the moment, but eventually plan to add a Magnuson HB supercharger, but thought I'd go ahead and tune it now anyway. Thanks in advance for suggestions/recommendations.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:29 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

My brother is in Memphis and he will be taking his car to DBR High Performance in Spring Hill to have an ATI damper put on and have the crank pinned.
They do tunning also. He will be installing a Heartbeat on his 2013 LS7 Conv once it gets here. I am almost finished installing my Heartbeat on my 2012 Grand Sport.

chuck

Last edited by TXSTICK; 07-23-2019 at 02:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TripleB5832 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 02:47 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Thanks Chuck, I will check them out. Would also love to hear how your Magnuson HB supercharger installation goes. I am debating whether or not to do my install or pay a shop to do it. If I do it myself, I will have the crank pinning done by a shop. And I’m concerned about shop selection too....want to make sure the shop I end up using has dealt with Vettes before and has a good reputation too, of course.

Barry
Old 07-23-2019, 03:49 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

I have already found a few things that make it a little easier doing the install. I did a TVS install about 12 years ago that went well.
So far the install has been good, I had to have Magnuson send me another intake gasket set (the one in the kit was warped/bent).
So I installed the heat exchanger last weekend and got the new gasket Monday (Thanks Magnuson for the quick shipping).
I can give you a list of the things that made a few of the steps easier, let me know when you get yours.

I have been taking pics of my install. I had the ATI damper, ARP bolt and Lingenfelter Subframe Spacer Kit L510050197 installed up in PHX at Cordes Performance.
They did a great job, drove it up in the morining and drove home later that day.

chuck

Last edited by TXSTICK; 07-25-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

You're two hours from GPI in Jacksonville, AR.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:29 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sevinn
You're two hours from GPI in Jacksonville, AR.
Thanks Sevinn. I'll check GPI out too.

Barry
Old 07-24-2019, 01:38 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXSTICK
I have already found a few things that make it a little easier doing the install. I did a TVS install about 12 years ago that went well.
So far the install has been good, I had to have Magnuson send me another intake gasket set (the one in the kit was warped/bent).
So I installed the heat exchanger last weekend and got the new gasket Monday (Thanks Magnuson for the quick shipping).
I can give you a list of the things that made a few of the steps easier, let me know when you get yours.

I have been taking pics of my install. I had the ATI damper and ARP bolt installed up in PHX at Cordes Performance.
They did a great job, drove it up in the morining and drove home later that day.

chuck
Chuck,

I'm probably 3-6 months out on pulling the trigger on mine. I've pretty much decided to go with the Magnuson HB. But, this install would be the most in depth/complex install I've ever done so am trying to take my time on the decision (I've done plenty of what I call minor work/maintenance, service, but nothing in terms of engine mods). I'd like to see pics of your install and get the notes/things that would make it a little easier. I am definitively going to have the harmonic balancer replaced with an API one (since I've read on here that most OEM harmonic balancers aren't the best) and have the crank pinned....I'm not comfortable doing that part of it.

How long did the damper and AR bolt install take and if you don't mind, how much did it cost you?

Thanks,

Barry
Old 07-24-2019, 03:26 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

It took about 6 hrs (not including them stopping for lunch) $680.00 (I supplied the ATI balancer and ARP Bolt).
I had them pin it with the ATI kit (90 degree, drilled from the side with balancer off) balancer has a key way in it.
That way if I have to ever take it off it should be easier to do. The Magnuson comes with thier kit to pin the crank (from the end of the crank).
Either will work. PM me your email and I will send you some pics and some tips for the install.
They gave me the ATI Crankshaft Pin Drill Fixture Kit 918993 when I picked up the car. So price included the kit.
I sold the Magnuson kit on this forum.

chuck

Last edited by TXSTICK; 07-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.
TripleB5832 (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 01:44 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

did you get the email?

chuck
Old 07-25-2019, 02:33 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Chuck,

Yes I received the email and replied this morning (was tied up all evening last night). Please let me know if my reply came thru...might need to check spam folder.

Thanks,

Barry

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno and Tune - Memphis, TN

Quick Reply: Dyno and Tune - Memphis, TN