C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo Calipers On LS1 Trans Am, for Fitment, just need C6 14inch Rotors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Monello96
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Calipers On LS1 Trans Am, for Fitment, just need C6 14inch Rotors!

Well i got the brembos that were sold from another member on ls1tech.com forum and their awesome, just need to get the correct rotor for the calipers to work. I attached some pictures, he said that it needs a 14inch rotor to work, and from what it looks like that is what its going to need. The calipers BARELY clear my 18inch z06 wheels.

Anyways if anyone knows if the C6 HD rotors will work let me know, i heard their 14inch but im going to research it a little more. My other option is Baer Rotors that are 2 peice, but their 700 for a pair!.

Any other 14inch Rotors that are for sale by any company, please let me know, i cant wait to put these on the car.

Also mods if u can make them thumbnails that would be great, im not sure how to resize them.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:02 PM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

The C6 Z51 rotors are only 13.4". Wilwood makes some 14". With 14's on, they won't clear 18" wheels without a spacer.

Last edited by TommyV; 06-30-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:18 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Monello96
Well i got the brembos that were sold from another member on ls1tech.com forum and their awesome, just need to get the correct rotor for the calipers to work. I attached some pictures, he said that it needs a 14inch rotor to work, and from what it looks like that is what its going to need. The calipers BARELY clear my 18inch z06 wheels.

Anyways if anyone knows if the C6 HD rotors will work let me know, i heard their 14inch but im going to research it a little more. My other option is Baer Rotors that are 2 peice, but their 700 for a pair!.

Any other 14inch Rotors that are for sale by any company, please let me know, i cant wait to put these on the car.

Also mods if u can make them thumbnails that would be great, im not sure how to resize them.
I put 14" Baer EradiSpeed +1 rotors on the rear of my C6. They come with a bracket extender that moves the caliper bracket out an inch so the calipers will fit. Whether they'll fit on your car I don't know, but you can check them out on the Baer site and probably give their tech guys a call.

You can click on "My Corvette Photos" to the left under my avatar to see some pics of my rotors.

Bob
Old 06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Monello96
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are front brakes not rears.

Also the current rotors on the car are 12 inch, so im guessing that they need to be 14inch to fill the caliper.

Do u think the 13.4inch HD would be big enough? Or Will measuring from the center of the hub to the end of the pad be a correct way to see the size needed. So if 6.5 outward would need a 13inch rotors or 7 outward would need 14.

thanks and if Anyone knows any local Vette shops in Chicago that i could possibly swing by that has some 13+ inch rotors in stock to try on that would be great.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Brembo Calipers On LS1 Trans Am, for Fitment, just need C6 14inch Rotors!

Quick Reply: Brembo Calipers On LS1 Trans Am, for Fitment, just need C6 14inch Rotors!