C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to put the C6 on jack stands.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:55 AM
BLKVETTEVERTZ51
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to put the C6 on jack stands.

I want to put my 05 C6 on jack stands. I have the jacking pucks, they snaped right in the slots on the siderails. The owners manual shows the jacking points but does not refer to the side rails. can you jack it up from the side rails and put jack stands at the points shown in manual? What is the best way to do this?

Last edited by BLKVETTEVERTZ51; 12-26-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:42 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

You can also jack right in the center of the rear end as noted in the manual as an alternative jacking point. I bought the brute ramps. When I want the whole car up I put the front on the ramps and jack the rear end up, then lower the rear end onto the jacking pads. I can tell you that I have also jacked mine up from the side at the front points just enough to swap out a wheel with no issue. I think the jacking points on each side are in fact where the pucks go.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:30 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

it is very hard to get a jack all the way to the correct jacking points (the subframes). Jacking on the frame is the easiest way, but eventually causes the bottom of the frame to bend upward.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,048 Likes on 1,360 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

David-

Will the frame get dished upward even if you use hockey pucks?

My C5 has been jacked up many times with pucks and I can't find any damage, even lifted just one corner at a time with scissors jack to pull wheels (road course). Some C5 folks say my car should have some damage by now but i sure can't find it.

I'd like to buy the BMW plastic jack pads and leave them permanently in place on the C6 (when it arrives), but won't do that if it bends things.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I made two ramps out of 2X10's. I drive up on them and then put a 2X4 on the jack and put it under the front cross member. Jack it up and put the jack stands under the jacking pucks. I do the same thing for the rear.

Get notified of new replies

To How to put the C6 on jack stands.

Quick Reply: How to put the C6 on jack stands.