C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise while engaging,disengaging clutch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Baby_Matrix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay cool, I will try that....That's what I was reading....but I wasn't exactly sure. So I will do that and see. Thanks for the response!!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
SirVenox
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Clutch fluid

Originally Posted by Baby_Matrix
Okay cool, I will try that....That's what I was reading....but I wasn't exactly sure. So I will do that and see. Thanks for the response!!
Let us know
Old 10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
SirVenox
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anything?

Originally Posted by Baby_Matrix
Anything?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:49 AM
Luis Jay
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch

Originally Posted by DonaldK
Silver1

I was very interested in your post. I have an '06 Z51 6mn with a clutch noise from day one. It is very embarrassing when non-car people ask what the H... was that?

I posted and posted this when I first got the car a year ago. Nothing from anyone on the forum - it was like no one could picture what I was describing.

My noise is usually at low speed/ low acceleration - forward OR reverse when I lift the throttle and depress the clutch pedal to shift or coast. It is the worst if I rapidly depress the clutch pedal and lift throttle - as in backing into a parking spot or getting up to 5-10mph and coasting or an easy shift into 2nd.

The noise is a "rattle-rattle or jingle-jingle". It happens every time and is very audible form the cabin. This is just NOT right. I drove a new car at Bud's Chev in Ohio about 6 months ago and only had to drive it 100 ft to hear the same problem. I could hear a dozen cars do the same and I will not believe it is right!! I have gotten into the habit of not lifting throttle during the shifts - rather just "easing" throttle slightly. This technique seems to keep the noise away. I had a '99 C-5 - same drivetrain type as this one and NEVER heard any noise like this. It really has taken some of the fun out of my car for me. I have 6500 miles now and all stays the same - rattle, rattle.

I live in San Diego and took it into Weseloe Chevy service to have them listen. The "Corvette" mechanic had not a clue!! Yup, it sure makes a noise - dunno what it could be but I'm certain it is normal and OK!!!
JeeeZ!!

DK
I am the second owner of a 2005 C6. I bought it with 21000 miles and I've had the same noise in first and second gear! Sometimes it's constant, sometimes it goes away. Either way it's terrible that this is occurring however I'm glad it may just be poor craftsmanship on Chevy's part. Also does anyone know why the harmonic balancer is not a recall issue? Every C5 and C6 needs to be replaced after 15000 miles. Other than that, I love the machine!
Take care,
Jay

Quick Reply: Noise while engaging,disengaging clutch!!!