Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put on a B&B X-pipe

Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM
pimpyellowtt
CF Member

Default Put on a B&B X-pipe

Well I have had the mod bug for quite some time but have done nothing...I did the throttle body spacer mod a while ago but it didn't do much. So I now have a plan, I want a mean, screamin exhaust! So I have an appointment next week with my muffler shop, I am just gonna have the mufflers removed and straight pipe put in, like a few have done here. I am going for loud and narly sounding...So on my quest to that goal I found a brand new B&B x pipe on ebay for 130 plus shipping! Good deal...so I put it on. My impressions, well...........the exhaust got that much quieter, ! But I know once those mufflers are gone this baby is gonna sound sweet As for power, I really do think it gave me a significant increase, at first I thought it was just my head...but I gave it a few days and this thing woke up a little...throttle feels like a massive go button, like you have to hold back or you are in go to jail territory It bumped throttle response up ALOT and it helped my 6k rpm dead spot. I would post some sound clips, but I will just wait for the exhaust...you guys rock, stay tuned!
-casey-
Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM
DarthStimpy
CF Senior Member

Get headers for the extra oomph.. in both hp and sound.

theres a clip floating around of a guy with a full B&B setup. H / X / E
The damn thing sounds like a nascar car.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
bdking57
CF Senior Member

straight pipes? Get the bullets man..They are what you are looking for without cheapening the car.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
pimpyellowtt
CF Member

Yeah I am really leaning towards getting the B&B headers also...the fact that they bolt up to the stock mid pipe is very appealing to me now that I already have their x pipe...anyone have a link for those headers? Pics? Sound clips? thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
bdking57
CF Senior Member

I just posted a bunch of pics of those headers, they will be installed saturday and will have a sound clip. Your going to give up some low end tq as a result of the more simplistic collector (which does indeed have a merge spike btw) but you would have gotten the complete setup for a good cost and I dont expect to be missing out on any HP with running bullets as well. I recommend dialing up lsportworks for a ported intake manifold.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

All my exhaust stuff showed up yesterday. Finally.

Started at 9 this morning, we installed kooks long tube stainless headers, x pipe with high flow cats and borla exhaust, 160 thermostat. Finished at 2:30 with a 1 hour lunch break. Friend helped me. Did it all on jack stands. Not a lot of fun laying on the floor at my age though. Installed the vararam and spacer last week, 1.5 hours and will install the predator tune tomorrow. Drove it this pm.....really woke up. Can't wait to see what it does with the tune. Maybe see you around Austin sometime.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
LS2-Zomb!e
CF Senior Member

Go with B&B bullets!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:07 PM
PaBlueCoupe
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09

Originally Posted by pimpyellowtt View Post
........B&B x pipe ........woke up a little...throttle feels like a massive go button, like you have to hold back or you are in go to jail territory It bumped throttle response up ALOT........-casey-
Originally Posted by pimpyellowtt View Post
Yeah I am really leaning towards getting the B&B headers also...the fact that they bolt up to the stock mid pipe is very appealing to me now that I already have their x pipe........
The X-pipe and Route 66s on the Bluecoupe have been great! I am thinking that the B&B headers are going on next. I'll be interested in your results, and will look forward to additional posts!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:44 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by TEXASRANGER View Post
All my exhaust stuff showed up yesterday. Finally.

Started at 9 this morning, we installed kooks long tube stainless headers, x pipe with high flow cats and borla exhaust, 160 thermostat. Finished at 2:30 with a 1 hour lunch break. Friend helped me. Did it all on jack stands. Not a lot of fun laying on the floor at my age though. Installed the vararam and spacer last week, 1.5 hours and will install the predator tune tomorrow. Drove it this pm.....really woke up. Can't wait to see what it does with the tune. Maybe see you around Austin sometime.
I like the sound of the Borla Touring........but I think I may be happier with the Billy Boats as I want more noise. I will have a nice set of 50 miles used Borla's for sale in a couple of weeks.

I did install the predator tune yesterday and it is sweet. I really wanted the predator to save the factory tune in, so now I am going to get a real tune. I set my thermostat at 100% at 192. Was this right or wrong??
Old 02-25-2007, 08:59 AM
DarthStimpy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dashti View Post
Go with B&B bullets!!!
VIDEO!

Bullets and X-pipe
Old 02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
ksliebe

Default Bullets

I had the Bullets with the Xpipe ( bye the way the x pipe is now for sale on ebay)
I installed the PRT Xpipe and am much happier. Same Rock n Roll, sound without the ear bleed.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:08 PM
ksliebe

Default Xpipe

Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 AM
cbrf4i1
CF Senior Member

anyone done a before and after dyno pull with only the x pipe vs the stock h pipe?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Cookee
CF Senior Member

Dont be surprized if you loose a little hp and torgue.
Some key actions to note!
Nacar Nextel Cup, Bush and Craftman trucks series all run full sized H-Pipes.
Mr. Hill our C6 Chief Engineer liked the full sized H-Pipe too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Put on a B&B X-pipe

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: