C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug Wire troubles after Headers install

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 PM
joegengsta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug Wire troubles after Headers install

i installed my headers, in the process you have to remove spark plug wires.. some were very stubborn and broke while i was pulling it from the spark plug. since i wanted to drive.. i tried everywhere local for ls2 c6 plug wires.. no one had em in stock.. but they did have the ls2 pontiac GTO wires. i figured since they both have the ls2, it will work. but now.. when im on it at in 1st gear... and the car spins its tires.. it sounds like there is misfire. It would would hesitate a lot under wide open throttle and it feels like there is problem sparking.. for some reason.. it never does it when it's not spinning the tires...

no.. my tcs was not on... it seems very ignition related

is it because of some difference in the plug wires? or did i break something? it's so weird.. i would think the wires from the GTO ls2 and the vette ls2 should be pretty damn close to the same.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
knkali
Melting Slicks

maybe you ar hitting the rev limiter. I know my car revs quicker after the header install. Maybe a cracked insulator on a plug during the install? I dont mean to isult you with these thoughts just trying to help
Old 04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Traction control cutting in ??? After installing brackets to relocate my ignition coils, I had to go with longer MSD wires. IMHO, they ain't all that great! After installing them, I've had the occasion to remove them a few times, maybe a total of 3 times. Now, its like the plug ends have lost their tension, as they have a tendency to come off.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 PM
joegengsta
Racer

i rechecked all connections.. all the wires 'snap into the plugs' nothing cracked.. plugs/coils/wires all good.

i don't know why tcs would cut in.. this happened in competition mode and tcs off mode

maybe someone can link me to where they baught some nice msd wires or something else?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:26 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I don't know were you live, but if it is near Detroit, I have a set of wires.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

iS A WIRE BURNT? iS THE oXYGEN SENSOR WIRE BURNT. hAS AN eRROR cODE SET?

Get notified of new replies

To Spark Plug Wire troubles after Headers install

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Wire troubles after Headers install