C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTE 2005-2007 C6 Corvette L92/L76 Performance Upgrade Package Results

Old 07-22-2007, 03:27 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Both are nice, well thought out packages. Amazing to see these TQ numbers from a 240cc head. Did you narrow the LSA on the second (224) cam?
Our camshaft lobe profile is a bit un-orthodox compared to the norm everyone is using these days, hence the greater torque figures we're obtaining with these combinations, while still producing good power/drivability- especially with a very small cam like this. In a nutshell, (and all that we'll disclose) we're using two different lobe/ramp profiles, one lobe separation angle, (obviously) and a different ICL/ECL from that for each valve separately.

Basically, just giving the heads what they like.

Last edited by DTE Powertrain; 07-22-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
Our camshaft lobe profile is a bit un-orthodox compared to the norm everyone is using these days, hence the greater torque figures we're obtaining with these combinations, while still producing good power/drivability- especially with a very small cam like this. In a nutshell, (and all that we'll disclose) we're using two different lobe/ramp profiles, one lobe separation angle, (obviously) and a different ICL/ECL from that for each valve separately.

Basically, just giving the heads what they like.
In my best Artie Johnson voice from Laugh In, " Verrrryyyyy Interesting "
Old 09-01-2007, 12:18 AM
stinky
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, have you done any more of these h/c installs?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Of course, as it's a common, cost-effective package aroud here. There are other threads on this board that show a couple of more results from other cars we've built, so you can easily do a search to find them.

I'd post the links for you, but I'm on a Motel public PC and there are folks waiting for me to get done here.

Have a good weekend.

Best Regards,
Phil
Old 09-01-2007, 11:50 AM
LS2-Zomb!e
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Good!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:37 PM
CSexy06VY
Pro

Originally Posted by DTE Powertrain
We have spent a considerable amount of R&D time recently developing our L92/L76 performance upgrade H/C package for the LS2-equipped 2005-2007 C6 Corvette. Our primary focus was to develop a package that offers exceptional street manners for *all* the M6, A4 and the A6 transmission-equipped vehicles, where fuel economy or vehicle drivability didn't have to suffer to obtain a broad, functional power curve. Additionally, we steered away from a combination where the engine didn't have to be spun to the moon either to produce usable power. Lastly, we wanted O.E. appearance and durability. We feel we've made a good beginning...

The camshaft selected is under 223* @.050 to achieve smooth idle/part throttle drivability and the lift is well under .600" to preserve valve train durability over time. Both of these attributes will make the car very easy to drive for all three transmission types- especially for the automatics, as T.C. changes aren't required to obtain clean drivability and the very *slight* idle gallup exhaust note let's everyone know the car is not stock.

Here is the control dyno data control for the final run:

Date: 5-16-07
Time: 5:11 pm
Ambient Temp: 69.86* F.
Barometer: 29.50 in./hg.
Water Vapor/Humidity: 28%
Correction Factor: SAE 0.99
Smooth: 0
Rollout: 45.01
Tire Press: 32 psi.
Engine Coolant: 186* F.
MAP @ WOT: 97.6 Kpa
AFR: 12.8:1

459 RWHP/432 RWTQ

The test vehicle was a 2007 LS2/M6 C6 Corvette w/ approx. 500 miles owned by "Vettecop1125" on this forum. The combination consisted of K&N, Dynatech hdrs. w/ catalysts, Corsa, DTE L92/L76 H-C Package prepared to our specs, Powerbond and DTE custom ECM/TCM calibration.

Overall, we are very pleased with the broad power curve of this package for such a small, custom cam grind like it has used in tandem of our other selected components. The car drives like stock, until you put your foot into it and then it explodes with power everywhere- all the way to redline! It's a real thrill to drive for a H/C upgrade and we're looking forward to further development of this combination using more aggressive, custom camshaft grind profiles.

"vettecop1125" is going to have a ball with this thing and I think he's attending the Corvette Forum Cruise-In at BG if anyone is interested in seeing the car up close.

Thanks gents and thaks again Eric.

Best Regards,
Phil Rickard
Dynotech Engineering Inc.
Hi Phil,

I have the heads and intake for this set up, can you sell me the cam for this? this is exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DTE 2005-2007 C6 Corvette L92/L76 Performance Upgrade Package Results