C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa "H" pipe switch for Stock LS3 "X" pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Sooo Bad
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Corsa "H" pipe switch for Stock LS3 "X" pipe?

Who out there has put the Corsa Sports on their A6 LS3 and had to take the "X" pipe off and put Corsa's "H" pipe on? I have talked to Jim at Corsa, and he says that it is the only way they can make the Sport system fit the A6, but it bothers me that we are going backwards with the Vette finally offering a "stock" "X" pipe, and now we are replacing it with a Corsa "H" pipe. Jim at Corsa says that to do the axle back alone will cause the "dreaded drone" at 1800 rpm in every gear. That is cruising rpm, and I do not want to deal with 10-12 hours of drone while doing the highways on a long road trip. I loved the sound of my A4 C5 with Corsa Sports, so I know what they can/do sound like, but I wonder about the performance decrease in going to the "H" pipe? Sorry that this is a long and complicated post, but I want to hear what others have done with Corsa's A6 & LS3 Vettes. Is there any other system out there other than Corsa that can guarantee that it will not have "drone"?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

Put the mufflers and over axel pipes on and see what it sounds like. It will hook right up to the A6 X pipe. If you have to later, switch out the X pipe for the A6 H pipe to cure the drone. I doubt there is any HP loss with the H pipe. I have the Xtremes with the H pipe on my 07 A6. Love them.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
14 Red Z51 Vette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put Corsa sports on my 08 A6. I do not have any drone. The car sounds great. I did not change the front pipes at all, left them stock. Go for it!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 AM
HuskerBullet
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 07 A6 with the Corsa Sports muffler system, and Corsa told me the same thing that they don't make an X-pipe for the automatic. So, I kept the H-pipe in there, and there is absolutely no drone at any RPM. The Sport is a little louder than the stock exhaust and their "Touring" system, but not overbearing at all.

Now, if I could just get rid of the "European" sound so that it sounds like the very early Corvette's, I'd be real happy...oh well.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Oxford Chiller
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you get the Corsa Xtremes on you A6? Did you use the stock "H" pipe. I thought that exhaust fit only the M6.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa "H" pipe switch for Stock LS3 "X" pipe?

Quick Reply: Corsa "H" pipe switch for Stock LS3 "X" pipe?