C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Rack Bushing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Steering Rack Bushing???

How many bushings are in the steering rack?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Just Enough
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Steering rack mounting bushings

I am assuming you are talking about the rack mounting bushings, not internal rack slider bushings. Rack mounting, one rubber bushing on the passenger side and it is solid mounted on the drivers side. I put the DRM aluminum bushing in place of the rubber on my C6 Z. Just wanted to take out any up and down play in the rack from passenger side wheel forces. It reduced scrub steer pull variations during braking, could not feel much else.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 AM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Enough
I am assuming you are talking about the rack mounting bushings, not internal rack slider bushings. Rack mounting, one rubber bushing on the passenger side and it is solid mounted on the drivers side. I put the DRM aluminum bushing in place of the rubber on my C6 Z. Just wanted to take out any up and down play in the rack from passenger side wheel forces. It reduced scrub steer pull variations during braking, could not feel much else.
I just bought the DRM bushing. My installer said there are two. He must be refering to the internal. I was wondering why there was only one.

Get notified of new replies

To Steering Rack Bushing???

Quick Reply: Steering Rack Bushing???