C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tire Pressure for HPDE track event Nitto Invo Tires C6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
QuickCorvettes
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Best Tire Pressure for HPDE track event Nitto Invo Tires C6?

Hi,

I have a new set of Nitto Invo tires going on my 2007 C6. I'm wondering if someone has some good baseline cold tire pressure numbers to start with for HPDE track events. My car has complete Z06 suspension and slightly wider than stock tire sizes (255 fronts, 305 rears)

Also interested for feedback on how they handle at the track. How long they take to heat up?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 PM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickCorvettes
Hi,

I have a new set of Nitto Invo tires going on my 2007 C6. I'm wondering if someone has some good baseline cold tire pressure numbers to start with for HPDE track events. My car has complete Z06 suspension and slightly wider than stock tire sizes (255 fronts, 305 rears)

Also interested for feedback on how they handle at the track. How long they take to heat up?

Thanks
Try this link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1917352
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
QuickCorvettes
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks!

Any idea on good pressure for the street?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

Purchase a tire pyrometer, take tire temps at the track start with temps across each tire. hot in the thread middle= pressure to high.
temp higher on each tire edge= low pressure. When you have that base line, check each tire for about 15 degrees temp across the tire, with the inside hot and the outside edge lower in temp. the middle should be an average of the inner and outer edge temps. At that point, if the tire is way hotter inside edge=to much neg camber. if the tire outer edge is hotter= not enought neg camber. But you should try to get the 15 degree temp across each tire. now the tires are happy, and you need to find the balance of feel you want with sway bars, shocks, very fine tune of the tires. just a quick guide for finding what your tires want. They may change as you go faster. none of this is set in stone, you must test, test, test ,to find the speed

Get notified of new replies

To Best Tire Pressure for HPDE track event Nitto Invo Tires C6?

Quick Reply: Best Tire Pressure for HPDE track event Nitto Invo Tires C6?