C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STS TWIN TURBO KIT vs APS TWIN TURBO KIT

Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 PM
That_White_C6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Przyojski
Nope been here a while without ever having an issue. Just thought your comment was a bit unnecessary, as did you or you wouldn't have deleted it. So I would say it is not a matter of "insecurities", but a response to your garbage attitude about a fellow forum members question.

Simple question about the reliability of these systems (Whether they make them any more or not) because I am looking into rear mount turbos, and I'd like to hear any problems anyone has had with any remote mounts, so that I might consider that when looking at current options.

Appreciate your time.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Upp?

I'm not really sure if this has been posted yet but I saw this somewhere before. It's a UPP Twin turbo kit. I had never heard of them before. Anybody have any experience w/their kits?

(http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c6-cor...win-turbo-kit/)
(
)
Old 03-23-2015, 07:50 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by dmoneychris
I'm not really sure if this has been posted yet but I saw this somewhere before. It's a UPP Twin turbo kit. I had never heard of them before. Anybody have any experience w/their kits?

(http://uppturbo.com/parts/upp-c6-cor...win-turbo-kit/)
(UPP's C6 Corvette Twin Turbo Install - YouTube)
Do some searching around. Most people that have them like them. Not the easiest thing to install in the world, but there was at least one 800+RWHP build that I remember. Probably are some others I'm forgetting
Old 03-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Przyojski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Do some searching around. Most people that have them like them. Not the easiest thing to install in the world, but there was at least one 800+RWHP build that I remember. Probably are some others I'm forgetting
It seems to make sense especially if you aren't looking for a drag car, keeps a lot of heat out of the front.
The debate between SC and turbo is a brutal one. Especially if you only want to run low boost, you don't want to be giving up a lot of power to make that boost.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by knkali
dont understand why people are not as enthusiastic about the STS kit as the APS.
The STS has some very nice features. I can understand some lag with STS but the benefits seem to really offset that.

The thing that scared me away from the STS kit is if your cats fail, you wipe out the turbos, since they are where your mufflers currently are. I also like to be able to use the NPP exhaust to be either super loud or really quiet. The STS setup is always loud.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Przyojski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seadawg
The thing that scared me away from the STS kit is if your cats fail, you wipe out the turbos, since they are where your mufflers currently are. I also like to be able to use the NPP exhaust to be either super loud or really quiet. The STS setup is always loud.
What catalytic converters?
I used to feel same as you, but I swapped for corsas so I'm ALWAYS loud. I don't drive it that much so I don't mind. Very good points tho!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:38 PM
NYOverlord
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Front Mount Vs Rear Mount Turbos

Hey all,

I'm trying to decide on a front vs rear mount twin turbo set up for my C6 Z.
I've compiled the pros and cons for the rear mount, but would really appreciate your thoughts and insight before making a decision.

Pros:
1)Cheaper to buy cuz it doesn't require the crappy welded manifolds
2)Cheaper to install cuz it's less re-routing of other parts of my car
3)Better weight distribution for better traction/handling
4)No possible heat issues cuz the turbos are out back

Cons:
1)Takes longer to spoil up cuz the pressure has to travel farther
2)Less susceptible to being damaged due to front location
3)Weighs less cuz less plumbing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STS TWIN TURBO KIT vs APS TWIN TURBO KIT