C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using Patriot Gold Extreme Dual Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:42 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Would say my experience with them was a complete fluke as I have heard nothing but good before I even had them in the car.

During head install found 4 broken Patriot Gold Springs. Seemed to me there was a bad batch that got sent out, b/c around the same time I had a handful of buddies find the same. Thankfully they are good enough springs where the outer spring broke and the inners stayed together therefore saving the motor.

They were installed during cam only upgrade with very mild cam, hardened pushrods and ti retainers. Went with Manley during head install afterwards.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Jimmyz28
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I've heard this too but I'll be going with these springs for my cam in the next few weeks. Most people say they are very good springs and very dependable.

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Would say my experience with them was a complete fluke as I have heard nothing but good before I even had them in the car.

During head install found 4 broken Patriot Gold Springs. Seemed to me there was a bad batch that got sent out, b/c around the same time I had a handful of buddies find the same. Thankfully they are good enough springs where the outer spring broke and the inners stayed together therefore saving the motor.

They were installed during cam only upgrade with very mild cam, hardened pushrods and ti retainers. Went with Manley during head install afterwards.

Last edited by Jimmyz28; 05-29-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I've got them, about 10 months now, about 11k miles and quite a bit of track time, no problems!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
pwoolford
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Craig, I have the same springs on my Spin-modified monster and I have had zero issues. I shift mine around 6500 but it feels like it would pull hard well over 7000.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I purchased my 2001 Z06 from a Local guy and Forum member last fall. I know he tracked it for 4 or 5 years. Seemed he was quite active with the local track club so I'm guessing he participated in more than a few each season.
I had 2 track weekends this year, about 6 hours track time. Given the amount of activity this car had seen, I decided to check on the Patriot extreme dual springs installed in 2012. Here is what I found

8 sets were in tact. 7 had the inner spring broken and 1 had both the inner and outter spring broken. I donlt know the various vintage Patriot springs, which were prone to break and if they were improved at some point. I'm just lucky the gernade didn't go off.
The Cam was a Vengeance VRX5 with .601/.605 lift, nothing too crazy

Last edited by Bossdog; 11-09-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Oh boy.....

Originally Posted by Bossdog
I purchased my 2001 Z06 from a Local guy and Forum member last fall. I know he tracked it for 4 or 5 years. Seemed he was quite active with the local track club so I'm guessing he participated in more than a few each season.
I had 2 track weekends this year, about 6 hours track time. Given the amount of activity this car had seen, I decided to check on the Patriot extreme dual springs installed in 2012. Here is what I found

8 sets were in tact. 7 had the inner spring broken and 1 had both the inner and outter spring broken. I donlt know the various vintage Patriot springs, which were prone to break and if they were improved at some point. I'm just lucky the gernade didn't go off.
The Cam was a Vengeance VRX5 with .601/.605 lift, nothing too crazy
Oh boy..... good to know. I'm sure you're pretty hard on it, but Gee.... I could see if one one broke...

But 8 of them...? Oh boy.....

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Anybody using Patriot Gold Extreme Dual Springs?