C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
y2kvette magnetic
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires

I am looking to get rid of my run flats. I am trying to choose between Michelin PS2, Yokohama Advan Sports, Bridgestone Potenza REOSOA, BF Goodrich T/A KDW2. I want the best handling tire I only use the car in the summer for weekends and track time about 5 times a year.I do not drive in snow and in rain only when I get caught in it. C6, 06, A6,Z-51, CAI, EXHAUST, TUNE. I read tire rack reviews but I did not see vet drivers giving their opinion I need expert opinions from you guys thanks

Last edited by y2kvette magnetic; 08-30-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 AM
y2kvette magnetic
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

need help
Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 AM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by y2kvette magnetic
need help
I don't know, but I think you will get some subjective responses here. I am on my 3rd set of the Supercar Goodyear EMT. I really do not know what is the best tire. I could never find any good "objective data" for the various available tires for the C6.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
A-Pex
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got an 06 A6, and recently upgraded to the PS2s. After a LONG talk with SpinMonster on the subject (I was deciding between the PS2s and KDWs) he said "Do you want the best tire, or the best tire for the money?" "Best" in this case refers to performance and road noise.

My answer was the "best tire" and from there he said the choice was simple. Go with the PS2s.

Now that I've had them on the car for a couple hunderd miles I can tell you that they are FAR superior to the stock runflats that were on the car previously.

Each of the following were greatly improved:
1) Dry weather lateral stickyness and stability (i.e. cornering grip)
2) Dry weather straight line grip
3) Wet weather handling (see both 1 & 2 above)
4) Road Noise

These tires are so much stickier in fact, that they were picking up sand and dirt while driving on normal road conditions (the stockers never did this) and you could hear the particles hitting the inner wheel wells.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
y2kvette magnetic
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by A-Pex
I've got an 06 A6, and recently upgraded to the PS2s. After a LONG talk with SpinMonster on the subject (I was deciding between the PS2s and KDWs) he said "Do you want the best tire, or the best tire for the money?" "Best" in this case refers to performance and road noise.

My answer was the "best tire" and from there he said the choice was simple. Go with the PS2s.

Now that I've had them on the car for a couple hunderd miles I can tell you that they are FAR superior to the stock runflats that were on the car previously.

Each of the following were greatly improved:
1) Dry weather lateral stickyness and stability (i.e. cornering grip)
2) Dry weather straight line grip
3) Wet weather handling (see both 1 & 2 above)
4) Road Noise

These tires are so much stickier in fact, that they were picking up sand and dirt while driving on normal road conditions (the stockers never did this) and you could hear the particles hitting the inner wheel wells.

Hope that helps.

thank you

Get notified of new replies

To tires

Quick Reply: tires