C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add Bi-mode exhaust to ANY C6 with the Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 05:27 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Add Bi-mode exhaust to ANY C6 with the Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit

ADD NPP bi-mode exhaust to ANY C6!

NEW Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode exhaust vacuum retrofit kit
with Zero Battery Drain remembers last setting mode available now!

Another Sunset Orange Creations innovation! ZERO BATTERY DRAIN remembers last setting mode! Whatever setting you shut the car off in, is the way it starts up.

Now Available with the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. controller which allows you to control you bi-mode exhaust from your dash D.I.C. reset button. Click Here to Read All about it!

Exhaust Commander is the First system to have a Zero Battery Drain remembers last setting mode available.

Get the best system available and have one that remembers!

Order Here:
Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode exhaust vacuum retrofit kit

This is a new option available on the All-in-1 bi-mode exhaust retrofit kit that I have been selling for the last year. Works on all C6's 2005-2009.
Its always been 100% Zero Battery drain since its inception, now with this exclusive Sunset Orange Creations new feature its even better!

Here is a post outlining how one of my engine vacuum systems in use used by BaddBilt1 back in May 2007.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...om-engine.html

With this bi-mode vacuum retrofit solution you get everything you need to control your retrofitted
bi-mode exhaust and get the option to now have a ZERO BATTERY DRAIN remembers last
setting mode
. Whatever position your butterflies are in when you turn the car off, is the
position they return to when you start the car again.
This system is 100% Zero Battery drain!

Using a special non-volatile memory, I have created a system that is powered off when the car is off
so that there is no battery drain at all, yet it retains its memory so it comes back to life exactly as it
was shut down. Shut down the car in quiet mode? It will start in quiet mode. Shut it down in loud mode,
and it will start up in loud mode. Its a revolutionary new feature available right now with the
Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi-mode exhaust retrofit kit.
The Exhaust Commander No Splice rpm opening option I developed is also available available with this kit!

This NPP vacuum retrofit kit includes the wireless controller with one button keyfob remotes,
spare keyfob remote batteries, and all
of the necessary vacuum lines, vacuum solenoid and wiring to complete the control system installation.
It will give you full open / full closed modes and gives you the ability to switch between the modes
instantly using the supplied One button wireless remotes.

Typical install time is around 1 or 2 hours.
NO holes need to be drilled in your car, and everything could be removed without a trace if you wanted to.

These systems are assembled and tested by Me personally, right here in the USA!

Quick install summary:

1: The engine vacuum tap used is the correct GM bi-mode vacuum port on the back of the
intake manifold, just like the 2008-2009 NPP C6, Z06 and ZR1's use. Not the brake booster or other critical
engine sensor systems. Do it right just like the GM factory does it. The GM engineers that designed the bi-mode exhaust system know the most reliable way to tap vacuum for the system is at the rear intake vacuum port.
The vacuum line is run above the tunnel plate from the engine to the
vacuum solenoid unit and then you hook up the vacuum lines to the butterfly valves on the mufflers.

2: You have the option to mount the vacuum solenoid box inside the car completely out
of the elements OR outside the cabin depending on your install preference. You choose!

3: The wireless controller is located in the passenger fuse panel area just like all my innovative Exhaust Commander controllers allowing controller upgrades when they become available! The power cable is run
easily from the passenger footwell area to the rear of the car by tucking it underneath the trim panels.

4: Once everything is hooked up, Start the car and enjoy your fully operational bi-mode
exhaust system!

This is a great vacuum retrofit system for those who want to retrofit bi-mode exhaust to their C6
that didnt come with it. All you need is the All-in-1 kit and the bi-mode mufflers and you have a
functioning bi-mode exhaust.

Simple to install, and available with features that Corvette enthusiasts demand!

The standard kit allows you to start in either open or closed modes with a remembers last setting mode.
Always 100% Zero Battery Drain. Only $160 plus shipping!

Also available, Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. dash D.I.C. reset button control
so you can control your exhaust right from your dash D.I.C. reset button!

My revolutionary No Splice RPM opening option is also available if you want it.

I believe this is the best Bi-mode retrofit system I have ever created!

Here are a few of the philosophies of Sunset Orange Creations :
The desire to design new products with advanced, easy to use features for the Corvette Community.
A constant effort to improve the products that we make, while providing exceptional value
at the same time.
Never becoming complacent in the community and always remembering who supports us and
who we support.

Sunset Orange Creations will continue to develop new and improved, exciting products
for the Corvette enthusiast.

I am looking forward to helping you in the future with any of your bi-mode exhaust needs.

Feel free to contact me anytime with questions or custom system requirements.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 02-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:10 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Its a new feature! Zero Battery Drain remembers last setting mode.

Ben
Old 11-27-2008, 01:18 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

How to get the vacuum cap off the back of a LS2 or LS3 manifold.

I have installed over 20 of my NPP retrofit systems personally and have popped that damn cap off so many times I have it down pat and can do it in 5 minutes or less now.

Here is the secret.: Use a small x-acto knife to score / cut through the the place where the cap twists off at. There is a little groove where you can place the blade and then score / cut the cap off. If you can get a decent score on the line or even cut through it about 1/3 to 1/2 way it will twist right off with little or no effort at all.

Hope that helps and enjoy you bi-mode exhaust!

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-02-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:59 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:37 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to all who have ordered an Exhaust Commander All-in-1 bi mode exhaust vacuum retrofit kit.

Judging by the demand it looks like the new Zero Drain remembers last setting mode option is a HIT!

Ben
Old 11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

great product and awesome customer service from Ben.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:43 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Thanks Rich!

Hope things are going well at the new place.

Are you going on the MSI toy run?

Ben
Old 11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

I just order one for my C6, since we just put on the 3" Z06 exhaust!!

Thanks again Ben!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5

I just order one for my C6, since we just put on the 3" Z06 exhaust!!

Thanks again Ben!!!
No Problem!

Looking forward to seeing the track videos of the next passes.

Ben
Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

In stock and ready to ship.

Spare keyfob remote batteries included.

Ben
Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 AM
rovers2000
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does the rpm open option work? Can you set it for any rpm and how do you adjust it.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by rovers2000
how does the rpm open option work? Can you set it for any rpm and how do you adjust it.
The Rpm opening option allows you to select a rpm at which the butterflies automatically open. It can be set for any RPM 1600 to Redline.

Its as easy as pressing a button on the rpm module to setup the rpm opening. Literally 10 -15 seconds max.

Ben
Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Here is a video of JB's LS3 gaining 8 HP and 8 tq using the Exhaust Commander all-in-1 NPP retrofit kit and Z06 3 inch mufflers.

JB's LS3 gaining 8 HP and 8 Tq using an Exhaust Commander all-in-1 NPP retrofit kit

Way to go JB, that thing is a monster!

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 01-06-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:02 PM
rednred
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

The BEST ... ever!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by rednred
The BEST ... ever!!
Glad you are enjoying your Exhaust Commander All-in-1 retrofit kit.

Ben
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to all who have ordered!

I am looking forward to hearing how you like your new controller.

Ben

Get notified of new replies

To Add Bi-mode exhaust to ANY C6 with the Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit

Quick Reply: Add Bi-mode exhaust to ANY C6 with the Exhaust Commander All-in-1 NPP retrofit kit