C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with wideband install to get inside car

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:06 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Help with wideband install to get inside car

Just bought an AFX wideband and it has a nice display that I want to get inside the car for viewing. I have and '08 conv. vette and was wondering what is the best way to get the plug thru the engine compartment to the inside so I can mount the display. Looked around for a little bit and nothing really stuck out. Any help or a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken
Old 01-01-2009, 08:59 PM
08 silver vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled out the battery. Behind it next to the cab filter I drilled ahole. It comes out right above the fuse box on the passenger floor. Worked for me
Old 01-01-2009, 09:13 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Originally Posted by 08 silver vette
I pulled out the battery. Behind it next to the cab filter I drilled ahole. It comes out right above the fuse box on the passenger floor. Worked for me
Thanks for the reply, did you happen to take any pics? I think you are talking about the little door with the 3 swing clamps? If no pics did you go left, right, above, below the filter door?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I brought the wideband wire up to behind the battery and through the rubber grommet there where the wiring harness comes through. It has to be cut and extended on the other side. I sent it under the dash and up the A-pillar where my XD-16 guage is:
Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Thanks for the feed back guys. I ended up going from under the car into and behind the wheel well cover then thru the door jam rubber gasket and put it in the glove box. Worked real well and is pretty clean and it stays further away from my headers now, versus going straight up into the top of the engine compartment.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with wideband install to get inside car

Quick Reply: Help with wideband install to get inside car