C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE HOT/AIR CONDITIONING OFF in DIC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Situation normal

Originally Posted by 6Speeder
You said you cleared codes. Did you check them first? What codes did you have?
Let me clarify this: While the engine was running, a scanned through the gauges menu till "Engine Coolant Temp XXX" appeared. While that was in the DIC, I depressed the reset button on the pod for about 5 seconds. That did not seem to have an effect. Knowing that the problem was not actually an overheating problem, I drove to the gas station to fill-up and shut the engine off. When I restarted the engine, the DIC was clear and the Temp gauge was functioning again. I do not have a OBD II Scanner, so I never had the opportunity to actually determine the code (PXXX). Because of the sequence I used, I'm not sure whether pushing the reset button was the fix, or restarting after the reset was the fix, or that it just began functioning again on its' own. Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you're having this problem, you may want to try what I did and see if it has an effect on your car as well. I was prepared to buy a new ECT Sensor ($30.82 @ the stealership). The sensor plug and the wires on mine seemed to be O.K. though, so maybe it was just a hiccup!!??
Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
shockwave
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You said you cleared codes. Did you check them first? What codes did you have?
I am still wondering what codes do you expect to see if the problem is caused by the the engine heating up slower then the program expects? As I said in my earlier posts, I couldn't find and codes that would point to this in my service manuals..

I did try a few things yesterday which included checking on the cable and also removing some coolant from the overflow tank. As it turned out, when I had the thermostat changed to a 160 degree unit, they overfilled the overflow tank. Hence I figured bringing it down to the proper level would be a good idea. I drove the Vette over the weekend and the problem did not re-appear but I am still not confident it went away..
Old 10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 217 Posts

I'm sorry I don't remember exactly, when mine occured (two years ago) the code we pulled up was either:
DTC P0126 Insufficient ECT for Stable Operation
DTC P0128 Coolant Thermostat

With the cooler weather more will experience this. Using HP Tuners we disabled the reporting of this code.

YLOFEVR: The code will still be there, but listed as H for history, not C for current. Check it, you'll see.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
shockwave
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry I don't remember exactly, when mine occured (two years ago) the code we pulled up was either:

With the cooler weather more will experience this. Using HP Tuners we disabled the reporting of this code.

YLOFEVR: The code will still be there, but listed as H for history, not C for current. Check it, you'll see.
Thats basically what I was looking for, thanks for the Info, I will look for that code.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Codes for this problem

In my list of codes in hard copy, I show P0128 Coolant (ECT) Below Thremostat Regulating Temp. I have no listing for P0126--maybe my list is incomplete as gotten from davidfarmerstuff.com
How do I pull-up the codes without an OBD II Scanner?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

I had this problem when I forgot to plug the maf back in when I was installing my intake and turned the car on. Only way to clear is with a odb scanner and rest all of the codes. Worked for me instantly. I used a cheapy reset tool.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by YLOFEVR
In my list of codes in hard copy, I show P0128 Coolant (ECT) Below Thremostat Regulating Temp. I have no listing for P0126--maybe my list is incomplete as gotten from davidfarmerstuff.com
How do I pull-up the codes without an OBD II Scanner?
Jiffy lube, autozone, pep boys,
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
RE-ENTRY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coolant Temp Code

Your problem is from the coolant temp not getting up high enough quick enough to meet the GM spec. I had the same thing on my car after a 160 stat install and cooler weather temps. My tuner fixed this easily with his software. As well my tuner will be in BelAir MD. this week doing some work at a Corvette Performance shop. If you want to get this programming done just drop me an email or IM and I'll give you the shop info.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM
rkbuckle
7th Gear

OK - so I am bothered by the dreaded P0128 now - dropped in a much bigger Dewitts Radiator and a 160 thermostat ... we track the Vette and it's FI (Vortech) ... and we run water wetter ... This summer we had huge heating issues (boiled, then blew, the power steering fluids, no less)! But the combination of what we did kept the big Vette tracking flawlessly. But with winter, and as a daily drive, it's just not coming up to heat in the time GM expects (of course).

So, question - can this be managed by re-tooling the software? Are you sure? Seems as though you all are ...

If so, what program(s) / table(s) are involved? What advice do I take to my tuner?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

This may help: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1576073416
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
C6XTACY
Burning Brakes

After about 5+ years and 63k miles, this code just came up. It has been much cooler here in md as of late. Reading all the posts has my mind at ease. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
randomus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was getting this message it was the fan connector had melted. Check the connector, you can reach it from the top passenger side. Its right behind the fan. Mine had one side completely melted (the red one) and the black one was partially melted. I hard wired the connections and the messages went away.

Quick Reply: ENGINE HOT/AIR CONDITIONING OFF in DIC!!!