C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low battery now TPS not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Low battery now TPS not working

I was polishing my Grand Sport and listening to the radio while working. Apparently I drained the battery and the car would not start. I jump started it and let it run for 20 minutes. Now when I scroll through the information button, the tire pressure is reading 0 PSI on all 4 tires. Any ideas what to do other than go to the dealer? Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 AM
indyDan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try a reboot of all processors first. The low battery when you tried to start it may have locked up one of BCM micros. You will need to remove the negative battery terminal, wait a bit ( a minute or so ), then reconnected.

You will have to re-index the windows after that ( in owners manual ).

The fact that you lost all tire pressure readings would point to the processor responsible for that function.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Letting it run for 20 minutes will not begin to bring your battery back to full strength. Before doing anything else, I would recommend you get your battery up to full charge (or a new battery)using either a battery tender or a charger. Low batteries cause many seemingly unrelated gremlins, if you start chasing those rather than curing the low battery issue it won't get better. Start with a fully charged battery and go from there. You need to be driving the car to see if your TMPS is working correctly.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

with foremaw - you need to drive the car faster than 20 mph for a few minutes to wake up the sensors to get them to transmit the current pressure to the TPMS so it can display correctly in the DIC.

Bob
Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Charge the battery properly and drive the car. It should be fine.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Thank you!

You guys know your stuff! I just took it on a 60 mile ride and a minute into the ride all pressures began to show 30 PSI. Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 AM
ipmtim
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Thats why this place is the best!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by foremaw
Letting it run for 20 minutes will not begin to bring your battery back to full strength. Before doing anything else, I would recommend you get your battery up to full charge (or a new battery)using either a battery tender or a charger. Low batteries cause many seemingly unrelated gremlins, if you start chasing those rather than curing the low battery issue it won't get better. Start with a fully charged battery and go from there. You need to be driving the car to see if your TMPS is working correctly.

Douglas in Green Bay

Get notified of new replies

To Low battery now TPS not working

Quick Reply: Low battery now TPS not working