C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clicking noise coming from hazard switch??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

just drove 45 min and no sound, I never heard noise when I opended the back but then again I can count on one hand how many times I have opened it science I got the car 2 months ago lol....

I tried the small screw driver with no luck it just kept chipping away at the plastic, so I fired up the hot glue gun and it did the job perfect....
Old 11-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Erik88vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What i mean is that if you stand behind the car with the hatch open and you push the hatch button,you can hear the "chirp" behind the hazard light...just try it.I think you can also hear it if you sit in the car,engine running and let someone push that button....i think(haven't tried it yet)

Greetz Erik.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
loops
Advanced

I am experiencing the exact same problems with my 2005 coupe - clicking sound coming from the area of the hazard switch and the rear hatch popping open randomly (has never happened while driving) - I have to slam the hatch shut hard to get it to stop popping open. The clicking sound from the hazard switch area used to synch with the directional lights but that seems to have stopped - now when I first get into the car it clicks a few times then stops and then only does it occasionally. I have been unable to find a solution.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

EXACT SAME THING I HAD!!!

Im currently drugged up on pain med from surgery just now but I can almost promise that if you check the switch on the back above the license plate * just clean it * and it will fix all of your problems, makes no scence to me but I have not had ONE PROBLEM yet and were going on 5 months of daily driving?!

Ill check back here in a day or two and see if you got it figured out, if not ill walk ya thru it it took maybe at most 10-12 min from start to finish...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
loops
Advanced

I will definitely give that a try - my hartch release button hasn't worked for quite a while - I will probably wait for some warmer weather before I tackle it. Thanks for your insights.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
ez2spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

its 75F sunny light breeze not a cloud in the sky here in SA HAHA and its going to be like this all week :? while I look out the window to see it
Old 01-16-2019, 12:03 AM
Prewoz
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by REMIX
Yep...probably the connector behind the outer right taillight. Remove the taillight in question, put your hand in there and you'll find a connector. Those tend to get a little corroded over time and can cause some problems. You'll notice a double clicking sound behind the radio and when you hit the right turn signal or the brake. If it corrodes further, you might even get the hatch popping back up on you when you close it.

Anyway, clean the connector, put some dielectric grease on it and you'll be good to go.

Here's a thread that may help you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...car-locks.html

Let us know how it goes.

RMX
Really old thread but this helped me out immensely. Unfortunately by the time I found the issue cleaning won’t be sufficient. One of the little copper prongs is almost completely disintegrated. Looks like I need to replace my taillight harness. 😩

Quick Reply: clicking noise coming from hazard switch??