C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active handling kicking in for no reason?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
VETTE RN835
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active handling kicking in for no reason?

My 05' is having a tire pressure sensor problem that I'm addressing. But can this problem cause the ACTIVE HANDLING to engage when your going slow around a corner??? The bad sensor sometimes works, sometimes shows XX, and sometimes shows that it's flat. My tech said turn AH off but I can't seem to do this. Only TC goes on/off when I press or hold the buttons. There is nothing scarier than having AH kick on when you don't expect it. Any thoughts??
Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

If you figure this out let me know. I have an 05 also and it did the same thing to me one time about a year ago. It hasn't done it since but it is always in the back of my mind.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 AM
spooky_zo6
Intermediate

its one of two things .....#1 you have a bad rear hub bearing this what the computer reads off like wheel speed t/c and a.b.s....#2 your e.b.c.m is no good but highly dought it. will not be able to turn off a/h because its a safety issue built in try this test run the car up to 60mph then hit the brakes hard if the wheels lock up its the hub.bearing if the pedal pulse's your ok you should see a.b.s active on the d.i.c tire sensor's have nothing to with it
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 AM
bbbeast1
Instructor

Also, be sure to check out the FAQ on the Active Handling here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...er-action.html

Get notified of new replies

To Active handling kicking in for no reason?

Quick Reply: Active handling kicking in for no reason?