C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drm wheel studs

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Drm wheel studs

Greetings,

I recieved the DRM wheel studs that I ordered(Thanks Randy!) It is a good product and great customer service. I look at them and compare them to the stock ones and even though they are 1/2 inch more thread they are actualy about an 8th of an inch longer than the factory stud.

Has anyone run these without using a spacer on factory wheels(Ls2)???

Im just curious because I might change my mine about running spacers. I know what I was told by DRM but I look and look at these and feel like they might fit.(Im no expert)

Any info would be apreciated.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:17 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The easiest way of checking if the stud is bottoming out in the lug nut is to.

Put the stud in the hub. Put the wheel on with a couple nuts. Put a dab of greese or putty on the end of the stud. Then tighten that nut up and take it back off. Check to see if the greese or putty not smashed out, or if smashed to the bottom of the nut.

If you need more help please let me know!!!

Randy
Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtRod
Greetings,

I recieved the DRM wheel studs that I ordered(Thanks Randy!) It is a good product and great customer service. I look at them and compare them to the stock ones and even though they are 1/2 inch more thread they are actualy about an 8th of an inch longer than the factory stud.

Has anyone run these without using a spacer on factory wheels(Ls2)???

Im just curious because I might change my mine about running spacers. I know what I was told by DRM but I look and look at these and feel like they might fit.(Im no expert)

Any info would be apreciated.

Mine fit fine with the OEM nuts and wheels (also on my repro race wheels) without spacers.

--Dan
Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I just had them installed at the dealer and according to my budy they seemed to fit great!! Now I can run the spacer or not!

Get notified of new replies

To Drm wheel studs

Quick Reply: Drm wheel studs