C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 3/4 or 1 7/8 kooks headers for ls3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 03:53 PM
lazerlemonta
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The 10.802 @ 126.84 is my PB. That was on a trip to Sacramento Raceway in Jan 2015. The DA was -506'. The track prep was not great, since the 60' on that pass was only 1.54. Here in Phoenix a few weeks later with good prep, my 60' was in the 1.48 - 1.50 range. The ET's were in the 10.90's and MPH's in the mid 125's when the DA was 1200'+.

I haven't been to the track much after that, due to the way management decided to only run open track once a month and combined it with time trials for big events taking place the following day. When they charge $40 and the crowd is so big you only get one pass in 5 hours, the fun is gone. My racing buddy crashed his car over a year ago and I haven't run since then. Maybe I'll play some next Winter. The DA here will never go negative, so I don't expect much. I've even slowed down everyday driving. I turned 150K miles last Sept and not yet at 153K.

I hope you keep going forward with your mods. You already got a great start, so I'm wishing you the best.
Phoenix oooph rough air for sure! Sorry to hear about your friends wreck. Me and Hiossilver are best of friends and we do just about everything car related together including our own work. 150k miles and still running strong is awesome! I will be keeping the stock cam for a bit as I am convinced we can get low 10s out of this thing. Thanks for the best of luck wishes. We give 100% effort with the theory of keeping a real car under us and not turning them into a piece of crap to achieve a number.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Mikey Morris
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Didn’t lazers car go 10.58 at over 130. Iirc that’s a much better trap than your record was. And he has 2”-2 1/4 headers
BOOM

Nice job Fill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you have another tenth in it
Old 05-23-2018, 05:54 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

Obviously, you don't understand the rules here and apparently lazerlemonta does, since he posted his timeslips for inclusion into the forum performance list under the category for LS3 internal modifications. See https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597056055

You never said stepped headers, as in size changes for adjoining pipes, or that the size changes weren't limited to just those two. So yeah, you were wrong. You can either tell the whole truth or it's meaningless. You sound like a liberal snowflake that can't handle reality.

See what I mean about checking stuff before posting.
Listen I can’t help it if you’re some what illiterate and don’t understand that 2 - 2 1/4” (read as 2” to 2-1/4 “) headers means they’re stepped. Honestly I think you did bc no one who works on cars doesn’t get that. So I’m just going to assume you’re being immature and can’t admit you’re wrong (very evident In this thread anyway)

Either way lazer actually calls his car a bolt on car but because you guys throwing a hissy fit over something worth 8hp he’s pretty much given up on it. But I do have to admit it’s pretty hilarious you posting the rules like they’re something god himself wrote and are not open for discussion. I’ll bet you were the kid in class who reminded the teacher about homework.

I’m still waiting for that answer though....since he crushed your record by many mph and tenths do you think he gained it all from a bolt on mod like rockers? I mean if he did why doesn’t everyone just skip a cam swap and go for those?

If anyone here sounds like the snowflake stomping their feet about trivial things like that it’s you 😂
Old 05-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Mikey Morris
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like someone is sore he couldn't go that fast with stock heads and stock cam. Heck many people can't go that fast with heads and cam in here. Can't wait for you to run your Z
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
I likely have the only set of the new hooker tri y headers that are 2"x2 1/4"x 2 1/2" x 3" on a stock head stock cam LS3. I posted a review thread and got zero comments. The headers are worth a solid 10 RWHP from 6200 up. Really I wasnt far off of the record bolt on time with no headers lol these rockers are wicked being worth a whole 8hp
Link please.

Ps. Dennis made more power with the smaller headers because he had stock LS2 heads. If he had an LS3 he would have made more on thethe 1 7/8".
Old 05-23-2018, 09:14 PM
lazerlemonta
Instructor

Link to what part
Old 05-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Your review thread of the hooker headers. Did you have dyno results as well?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:20 PM
lazerlemonta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
Your review thread of the hooker headers. Did you have dyno results as well?
I have dyno results of my old 1LE with ARH 1 7/8 and my Vette with the tri y. Same basic set ups. I will try and get that posted here for you tonight.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:42 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Just remember that you're (your) giving up about 80 hp and 60 tark by using those inferior 1.75" headers. You kneed 3.5" connector pipes too (to). Wish I'd known this before reading it here recently. Dammit.......Guess I'm doomed to ride in the slow lane

Last edited by old motorhead; 05-24-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:53 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

This just for REDBIRD who has zero, zip, nata, nothing in his profile since he joined 9 years ago. He's apparently too embarrassed to list his 1/4 mi. times, maybe because he really doesn't own a Vette or mom won't let him race it. Oh wait, it must be those pesky rules again.

I'd like to hear his reasoning why this guy shouldn't be running those small 1 7/8" primaries at his power level.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/8-sec...99395001CC40AB
Old 06-19-2018, 06:56 AM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

This just for REDBIRD who has zero, zip, nata, nothing in his profile since he joined 9 years ago. He's apparently too embarrassed to list his 1/4 mi. times, maybe because he really doesn't own a Vette or mom won't let him race it. Oh wait, it must be those pesky rules again.

I'd like to hear his reasoning why this guy shouldn't be running those small 1 7/8" primaries at his power level.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/8-sec...99395001CC40AB
Dude how chapped are you that you saw this article, thought of me and then made a novel post about it? Good god I must live so deep in your mind it’s sad

Anyway yea totally valid comparison....just because a drag car uses 1-7/8 makes them better than a larger size? Doesn’t even look like they tried larger headers at all? They may have went faster with larger ones who knows.

Either way still hilarious that I got your panties would up this tight lmfao how sad
Old 06-19-2018, 01:52 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Dude how chapped are you that you saw this article, thought of me and then made a novel post about it? Good god I must live so deep in your mind it’s sad

Anyway yea totally valid comparison....just because a drag car uses 1-7/8 makes them better than a larger size? Doesn’t even look like they tried larger headers at all? They may have went faster with larger ones who knows.

Either way still hilarious that I got your panties would up this tight lmfao how sad
I am soooooo sorry to have bothered you to come out of your cave, but I just thought you'd like to inform these people with all your vast knowledge and experience gained from reading and watching videos in your mom's basement, that they could go a lot faster with bigger headers and there is no reason for a car that makes 1238 hp should be running those tiny 1 7/8" primaries.

I would have sent Steven (the car builder) your comments, but since you've chosen to be a non-entity, no name, no Vette, no location, no sex (oops, the profile only offers "male" or "female"), you can go back into hiding from everyone.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:27 PM
lazerlemonta
Instructor

Not sure but I would be willing to bet there is 30-40 hp lost in that exhaust set up. He has done a great job keeping the car streetable!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Brewdog
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No reason to go with either size....2" has been shown to make more power everywhere even on a bone stock ls3. why would you leave power on the table if youre starting out fresh with a new setup
Can you provide dyno graphs of this please?
Old 07-08-2018, 11:25 AM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewdog
Can you provide dyno graphs of this please?
When I first explored getting headers for my base ls3, which is what this thread is about although some have lost that point, LG Motorsports who does have the dyno charts advised me to go with 1 3/4. Reason being that 1 3/4 make more power in the mid range which is what I wanted. I do not plan to be a drag racer but might take my car out on the road course and I doubt that I will ever do a cam or supercharger. Let’s stay on topic or start another thread if we are debating highly modified vehicles even though this thread was dug up from the dead.

Quick Reply: 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 kooks headers for ls3 ???