C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling and Service ABS light??

Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Active Handling and Service ABS light??

Just started since I moved to houston about a week ago. Ill be sitting at a light and hear the chime and see the DIC stating. Service Active Handling, Service anti lock brakes...

Whats the deal with that? My brakes are fairly new and I dont know why I would need to service my active handling?

I turned the car off and restart it and the lights go off but then this same thing came back on several days later.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
yozi007
4th Gear

I just found your post and I now have the same issue after fixing it with a BCM rebuild for 50.00. My problem now is back after 60 or 70 miles of working fine? It now comes on upon starting it and the lights will go off if I turn it off and restart, but then comes back on at 3 or 4 MPH????
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 AM
bobbyfoos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bcm

Originally Posted by yozi007
I just found your post and I now have the same issue after fixing it with a BCM rebuild for 50.00. My problem now is back after 60 or 70 miles of working fine? It now comes on upon starting it and the lights will go off if I turn it off and restart, but then comes back on at 3 or 4 MPH????
had that exact problem with mine, but later came too the point when i would attempt too start my car, nothing but a check engine light!! problem was the BCM replaced it under warrenty!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Telescopic wheel? See clip fix.
If not, any aftermarket stereos, switches, etc? If so, disconnect.
Get codes pulled.
Could be a BCM
Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM
SunsetStroker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KarlK
Telescopic wheel? See clip fix.
If not, any aftermarket stereos, switches, etc? If so, disconnect.
Get codes pulled.
Could be a BCM
Yes its the model with everything. I forget what they called it in 05? Only thing modded as far as switches is my electric exhaust cutouts. I'll pull codes later. Clean my wheel wells right now. Haha.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,911 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsetStroker
Yes its the model with everything. I forget what they called it in 05? Only thing modded as far as switches is my electric exhaust cutouts. I'll pull codes later. Clean my wheel wells right now. Haha.
A cheap scanner will not find all the necessary codes unless you have a CEL and the problem is affecting the PCMs ability to perform its part of the Active Handling function. Active Handling is controlled by the EBCM and cheap scanners do not have access to its codes. The only way to pull codes is with a Tech 2 unless you have access to an equivalent high end scanner. Most shops don't use them as they can't afford to pay several thousand dollars per car maker to diagnose all problems.

Bill
Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 PM
thomas walters
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Gents: Try driving your Vette without the heater or seat heater on. Please post up if the problem ceases to occur if driving without your heater or seat heater on.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I have $10 on the steering wheel position sensor and it's connector needing the clip installed.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

brakes fairly new?
how new?
possibly a bad sensor?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 AM
02KillerZ
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I just had Active Handling go crazy this morning, luckily I was only going 20mph at the time. It made the car slow down and started shaking bad like I was driving on a blown out tire. It WAS the steering position sensor and that sensor is $90 + 2hours labor. My friend works at the dealership so I was only charged the 2hrs labor. I didn't have time to fix it myself, is this something you can do yourself? If so are there any write ups on it?

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling and Service ABS light??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Active Handling and Service ABS light??