C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brake lines

I am changing my brake calipers out for powder coated ones. I have removed the front calipers and have the brake lines ends in plastic baggies. Then they are taped up as high as the hose will allow. I do not have time to mount the new calipers yet today. Will the brake fluid gravity feed out? I do not have a Tech 2 device.
Jeff
Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

as long as you don't touch the pedal or start the car, I think you will be just fine, SS brake lines as long as you're there? you know your going to have to bleed the system?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
as long as you don't touch the pedal or start the car, I think you will be just fine, SS brake lines as long as you're there? you know your going to have to bleed the system?
Thanks for your response. So far, no leakage. As for the SS lines, this is on a budget. My wife doesn't even know about the calipers but she will as soon as she sees the Vette on jack stands!! I bought the speed bleeders for the bleeding and some Super Blue brake fluid. I'm going to purge as much out as possible. Mike the Powder Coater does awesome work.
Jeff
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Justasheet
Thanks for your response. So far, no leakage. As for the SS lines, this is on a budget. My wife doesn't even know about the calipers but she will as soon as she sees the Vette on jack stands!! I bought the speed bleeders for the bleeding and some Super Blue brake fluid. I'm going to purge as much out as possible. Mike the Powder Coater does awesome work.
Jeff
I changed to Wilwoods and my wife still has not noticed and she was in the garage when I put them on....

All her sisters are married.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by timd38
I changed to Wilwoods and my wife still has not noticed and she was in the garage when I put them on....

All her sisters are married.

When she saw them on the car (I got the fronts done) she loved them! Huh??

No wonder I married her. Pics forthcoming.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

SS line's are only about $110.00, I do understand the budget thing, with mine I want performance not paint, but thats just me.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you track the car, I would think twice about the speed bleeders. Post some pics of the calipers!!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

SS line's are only about $110.00, I do understand the budget thing, with mine I want performance not paint, but thats just me.
I wanted the calipers in gray like the OE calipers, but all they had was red.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

I like paint and what I get with the Vette performance wise is fine with me. I don't track her, she' a daily driver. I'll post some pic's tomorrow. They are all mounted, I just need to bleed them and mount the tires again.

You were right about them not draining. They did leak but never came close to emptying the reservoir. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake lines

Quick Reply: Brake lines