C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me vette, bad fuel pump check valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:48 PM
oonothin
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to me vette, bad fuel pump check valve?

First time corvette owner, coming from a 2005 GTO. I purchased my first corvette last friday from a stealership, 2010 c6 6 speed. Everything was awesome the first day and then i went to start it and it cranked for about 6 seconds and then started. Weird. Leave for work this morning and it started normal, keep in mind it sat all night. I leave work for lunch and it cranked again for 6 seconds or so. After some research on here I put a fuel gauge on the fuel rail and shut the car off, the pressure went down to 5psi really quick. I would assume the check valve is bad. Question is, there are two pumps, does only one have a check valve or do i have to do both? Pretty pissed at the moment I am about to call the dealer. Either they knew about it or it went bad the very next day. Which i find hard to believe.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

There is only one fuel pump. It's in the driver side fuel tank. If you've only had this car 4 days there is no reason why the dealer shouldn't be fixing this free of charge. It did come with some kind of warranty, didn't it?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:37 PM
oonothin
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EVRose
There is only one fuel pump. It's in the driver side fuel tank. If you've only had this car 4 days there is no reason why the dealer shouldn't be fixing this free of charge. It did come with some kind of warranty, didn't it?
i am almost certain it was an as-is. It is also almost a 5 hour drive each way to the dealer i went to.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:19 PM
oonothin
Intermediate

Get notified of new replies

To New to me vette, bad fuel pump check valve?

Quick Reply: New to me vette, bad fuel pump check valve?