C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

invisicord for Valentine one radar detector

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
dennisdlj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default invisicord for Valentine one radar detector

I have a 2010 GS Convertible. Want to buy a Valentine one radar detector. I would like to mount it on the rearview mirrror and also wire the power to the mirror. Is this possible or better yet should I be doing it this way? Mirror mount from Great Lakes Trophy? Invisicord hard to install? I am not a mechanic. (Lots of questions and needing your opinions). Thanks for your help. Dennis
Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisdlj
I have a 2010 GS Convertible. Want to buy a Valentine one radar detector. I would like to mount it on the rearview mirrror and also wire the power to the mirror. Is this possible or better yet should I be doing it this way? Mirror mount from Great Lakes Trophy? Invisicord hard to install? I am not a mechanic. (Lots of questions and needing your opinions). Thanks for your help. Dennis
That's *exactly* how you do it

That's how mine is installed. Been that way for almost three years now and it's all still just fine.

The Invisicord is seriously easy to do. You only need the short one, too.

Z//
Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
tims92
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same thing and it only takes 5 minutes.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
dennisdlj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I take apart the mirror to connect the invisicord? Not much room to work with behind it.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
tims92
Instructor

How do I take apart the mirror to connect the invisicord? Not much room to work with behind it.
You don't. Just unplug the connector from the back of the mirror, add the inviscord to the unplugged connector, and then plug the connector back into the mirror.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
ninjavette
Racer

Originally Posted by tims92
You don't. Just unplug the connector from the back of the mirror, add the inviscord to the unplugged connector, and then plug the connector back into the mirror.

The plug is a bit of a pain to get out but just keep working at it. Some needle nose pliers may help. I broke my invisicord once and had to install a new one and did it without removing the plug. I had to wash the inside of the windshield because my sweaty head smeared it all up but it is possible to do it with everything installed....depending on your flexibility and the size of your cranium.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

The ends of the Invisicord wires (2) that go to the mirror are thin, flattened "needles" that you simply insert into connector alongside of the correct wires so that they make contact. See this pic...

http://www.invisicord.com/vehicleapp...c6_harness.jpg

Be sure to check their web site for the correct wires to connect the thing to. It's different for different mirror types.

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To invisicord for Valentine one radar detector

Quick Reply: invisicord for Valentine one radar detector