C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended C6 LS3 exhaust kits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
bluedevilgoat
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recommended C6 LS3 exhaust kits?

I'm trying to find an exhaust kit to really get my C6 corvette roaring. I've seen some good reviews on the Corsa exhaust systems but they claim to eliminate a lot of the sound.

From their site: CORSA uses its patented Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC) technology to eliminate low frequency resonance while minimizing backpressure. Sound waves are reflected within the muffler case, producing a cancellation wave effect, with no flow restriction and without electronic devices.

Can anyone tell me if there are other good brands, or is Corsa loud enough? Also, would you recommend the crossover pipes? I'm really not looking for a big HP gain, I just want to give my C6 a deeper and louder roar. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
MagneticZ51
Racer

Have you looked into a NPP setup for your car?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
cobra3414
8th Gear

i just bought my c6 ls3 last weds. I installed the corsa sport system on sunday and there isn't a word to describe the sound. It does sound amazing tho, being very deep and throaty. Was exactly what i wanted and my wife abosutely loves the sound. Listening to sound clips online do this exhaust ni justice at all. Best part is that once your at a cruising speed the exhaust is near silent inside the car. Best money I spent so far.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

You want deep? Loud? Roar? = B&B Bullets. You won't believe the sound.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

NPP's. Now that's one fine idea for an exhaust. Bullet loud when you want it and whisper quiet for those moments when you actually want to hear what your wife just said. Now if those sum-beeches would just work as advertised. Mine have worked flawlessly with the M2W controller for about 18K miles. Cam and bolt ons for the first 3K and 15K with supercharger and 650+rwhp. Now they have the rattle that seems to be prevalent with those that have a few miles on their systems. I'M PISSED. I've heard some are getting new muffs from GM under warranty.....not good for me becuz my '08 didn't come equipped with the NPP's.....I added them. AHHHHHHHH Shoot. Great concept. Apparently, a poor application of said concept.

If I have to change them out, Corsa would be my choice.

Last edited by old motorhead; 10-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Originally Posted by bluedevilgoat
I'm trying to find an exhaust kit to really get my C6 corvette roaring. I've seen some good reviews on the Corsa exhaust systems but they claim to eliminate a lot of the sound.

From their site: CORSA uses its patented Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC) technology to eliminate low frequency resonance while minimizing backpressure. Sound waves are reflected within the muffler case, producing a cancellation wave effect, with no flow restriction and without electronic devices.

Can anyone tell me if there are other good brands, or is Corsa loud enough? Also, would you recommend the crossover pipes? I'm really not looking for a big HP gain, I just want to give my C6 a deeper and louder roar. Thanks.
I just put Corsas on my Z06 and love the sound. No drone, low tone at idle,euro sound on acceleration, and nice burble on decel. Just what I was looking for. Here are two videos that are a good representation of the Corsas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEVf0mQwCN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d6wbncQSWs

and finally mine not a very good video but..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
0PartsTaxi.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old motorhead
NPP's. Now that's one fine idea for an exhaust. Bullet loud when you want it and whisper quiet for those moments when you actually want to hear what your wife just said. Now if those sum-beeches would just work as advertised. Mine have worked flawlessly with the M2W controller for about 18K miles. Cam and bolt ons for the first 3K and 15K with supercharger and 650+rwhp. Now they have the rattle that seems to be prevalent with those that have a few miles on their systems. I'M PISSED. I've heard some are getting new muffs from GM under warranty.....not good for me becuz my '08 didn't come equipped with the NPP's.....I added them. AHHHHHHHH Shoot. Great concept. Apparently, a poor application of said concept.

If I have to change them out, Corsa would be my choice.
How long ago did you put them on? The NPP put on after the fact would still have the 12 month GM parts warranty.

For the op, we do sell the Corsa and the NPP. I would be glad to help you either way you decide to go.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
10mikeymike
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Another "Loud" Option

I have the GHL Race Series on my C6. I've had Corsa's and Magnaflow's and the GHL's are the only system that made my Vette sound like a real muscle car (to my ears). Of course that sound comes with a lot of resonance, particularly if you have an A6 and headers. I also have several other mod's so I assume that's a contributing factor. Below are a couple of vid's. Unfortunately, neither of them were done under the best of circumstances, but they should give you an idea of how the GHL's sound. The workmanship is outstanding and they are priced right as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef55X66UFu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjy7jXofMPc
Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
How long ago did you put them on? The NPP put on after the fact would still have the 12 month GM parts warranty.

For the op, we do sell the Corsa and the NPP. I would be glad to help you either way you decide to go.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
They've been on for well over a year and I bought them used. They were "sold" to me as low mileage take offs. They looked new.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 PM
bluedevilgoat
Cruising

hey thanks for all the comments so far. what about crossover pipes? should i throw those on as well or leave them off?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bluedevilgoat
hey thanks for all the comments so far. what about crossover pipes? should i throw those on as well or leave them off?
X pipes and H pipes tend to quieten and smooth things out. If you want it to roar and sound aggressive, leave them off. I won't have an exhaust system without an X, but I like mine to sound mean under acceleration and then shut the hell up when I set the cruise. The constant roar cruising down the road is annoying to me. Also, remember that whichever system you choose will get even louder when/if you add engine mods.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

I installed Kooks long tube headers, X pipe and Corsa Sports and I like the sound. Normal driving the sound is just right, once you step on it....watch out!!. You can even go louder and get the Xtreme Corsa.PartsTaxi has them.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

As stated above the X pipe will slightly quieten and smooth the exhaust note. In the videos above the black Z has the stock H pipe and the blue Z in the second video has a X pipe. And my video is a ZR1 X pipe. Good Luck with your purchase!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

b&b bullets, or headers through stock exhaust.

Get notified of new replies

To Recommended C6 LS3 exhaust kits?

Quick Reply: Recommended C6 LS3 exhaust kits?