C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Fabbed Up Oil Squiters For The RHS Block Yet???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Turbo Joe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anyone Fabbed Up Oil Squiters For The RHS Block Yet???

Building up a new RHS block for FI and have talked to Comp Cams (owns RHS) about a release date for them several times with no luck at all.

Yesterday I managed to get one of their techs on the phone. He proceeded to tell me they (Comp Cams) have halted any R&D on the piston squirters and have trashed the whole idea.

This is quite frustrating as it was one of the deciding factors on me purchasing their block along with weight savings of course.

For those of you not familiar with the RHS block it has already been pre-drilled and tapped along one side of the block near the mains for a total of 4 oil squirters. Of course I can run without them but it's a nice feature to keep piston temps down a bit. Each squirter was to have two lines to feed 2 cylinders each. Has anyone fabbed anything up or modified a set of the GM squirters?

Other then this little aggervating speed bump the block itself is a work of art.

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 11-24-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Dark Regent
3rd Gear

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have some related questions. Did you ever get the oil squirters installed? I noticed that RHS released a part number for their oil squirters (RHS #549120) but the only place I really see selling them is Summit for $800. I read an article that says the RHS block can utilize the GM oil squirters. Are these the squirters used in the ZR1 and if so does anyone have an idea of what they cost and possibly a part number?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 AM
wmckeenster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://store.katechengines.com/ls9-p...ters-p253.aspx
Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Katech's site says they dont work on the RHS block.

Does NOT fit:
LS1
LS6
C5-R
RHS
Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Dark Regent
3rd Gear

Yeah I saw the KAT-A5144 oil squirters and saw that they don't fit the RHS block.

I found the LS9 squirters on Katech (KAT-6350, $23 each), don't know how I missed them before. However, they don't fit with 4.000" stroke.

http://store.katechengines.com/ls9-p...ters-p253.aspx

The site says these don't work in the RHS block either. I wonder if they physically just don't fit or if it's an issue with the RHS block only having provisions for 4 oil squirter bolts and not 8.

Last edited by Dark Regent; 12-10-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:08 PM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Installed on a RHS block

Old 12-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Dark Regent
3rd Gear

Those are the RHS pieces, correct? It still looks like a set of four is $600+ if I'm not mistaken. I was wondering if there was a cheaper way to go about it. The Katech squirters are certainly cheaper but if they can't fit, there's no point.

Get notified of new replies

To Has Anyone Fabbed Up Oil Squiters For The RHS Block Yet???

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Fabbed Up Oil Squiters For The RHS Block Yet???