C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Fusion Exhaust Sound?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
snaponjackson
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default B&B Fusion Exhaust Sound?

Anyone out there heard the B&B Fusion NPP style mufflers?
How do they compare to the stock NPP mufflers?
I'm thinking about putting them on my 2010 GS.
How do they look compared to stock?
Thanks for the imput.
Chris
Old 11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

They look and sound much better than the NPPs. That is my opinion, of course. I have them on my cammed/header LS3 and they have a really great tone. Much better than the Corsa Sports that I had before.

I wanted a bi-mode exhaust, and was really close to ordering a set of NPPs from a vendor here. After watching a bunch of videos on youtube, I realized that I didn't really like the "loud" NPP sound on modified engines that much and the quiet side was going to be too quiet for me.

Plus the Fusions are all polished stainless with 4" tips. The kit I got also included everything for a proper conversion (remote mild2wild, vacuum ball, solenoid, lines, etc.) I was going to spend around $1200 just for the NPP mufflers. After looking at the other needed parts, the Fusions were looking like a better deal, Here is where I got mine: http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/pr...roducts_id=446

Oh, I've been meaning to take a sound clip video. If I get a minute I'll do that and post it for you.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had NPP on my '10 GS. My first mod was M2W. I was satisfied for a couple months, but it just didn't have quite enough "GUTS" for my taste.

I was looking for a true muscle car sound that I could turn on or off at will. (usually when on the highway road trip for sustained 65 mph... "open" mode has unbearable drone!). But still open 90% of the time!

They are within one decibel of the Bullets and they look and sound great. Best mod I've ever done.

The mufflers, pipes and tips are high polished, unlike the stock mufflers and tips.

Extremely high quality, easy installation and great looks and sound.

Worth every penny!

Everyone who sees and hears it says... "Your exhaust is bad-***!"

Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetk14
They look and sound much better than the NPPs. That is my opinion, of course. I have them on my cammed/header LS3 and they have a really great tone. Much better than the Corsa Sports that I had before.

I wanted a bi-mode exhaust, and was really close to ordering a set of NPPs from a vendor here. After watching a bunch of videos on youtube, I realized that I didn't really like the "loud" NPP sound on modified engines that much and the quiet side was going to be too quiet for me.

Plus the Fusions are all polished stainless with 4" tips. The kit I got also included everything for a proper conversion (remote mild2wild, vacuum ball, solenoid, lines, etc.) I was going to spend around $1200 just for the NPP mufflers. After looking at the other needed parts, the Fusions were looking like a better deal, Here is where I got mine: http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/pr...roducts_id=446

Oh, I've been meaning to take a sound clip video. If I get a minute I'll do that and post it for you.
I double dog agree. I love everything about my B&B Fusions.

BJK
Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 AM
vampire81
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

i have them on my 2009 C6 for 4 months now.
in quiet (close) mode, it's obvious these are not stock! muscular deep sound but not loud at all. only loud when car is cold started for the first 30 seconds.
at cruising, 75mph in 6th gear at ~1600RPM there is little drone, it's annoying for my taste for my 30min drive to work at that speed,, bringing down the engine speed to 1400 will eliminate the problem. higher engine speeds of 2000 is as quiet as stock. that maybe due to having 1 3/4" headers and catted x-pipe?

again, the drone is ok for most ppl except if u r in 5th of 6th gear at 1500RPM and press half or more throttle then the drone annoys me. being an M6 that can be addressed

in the loud (open) mode, it's as loud as it gets. i never cruise with it open. whole interior will shake especially when u step on the gas in higher gear.

these r all inside the car feel. outside the car at quiet mode, it IS quiet! which is that's why i got the fusions.

it looks amazing as the quad 4" tips fill that area and the highly polished SS.

only down side is the little drone at 75mph in 6th gear.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM
snaponjackson
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default A big thanks

Just want to sayTHANKS to all
who sent their feedback that I
requested on the B&B Fusion exhaust.
THANKS
Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Snapon

These guys have pretty much summed it up and not sure if there is much more to be said. In the closed mode they are a little louder than the stock but not as loud as the stock is open. In the open mode the Fusion really barks. Please feel free to contact us direct if you have any questions about the system itself.

Mark Fowler
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust
888-228-7435 Ext.18
mark@bbexhaust.com
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM
kfede1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got the Fusion on my 2012 GS convertible. Worst money I spend in a long time. In quiet mode, it is much louder than the factory exhaust. The drone on the highway is close to making the car unpleasant to be in. It starts up in LOUD mode, which sets of the alarm in my truck many feet away. I would not recommend these to anyone who does not want a very loud exhaust. In fact, I am considering ripping it out and finding some other exhaust system.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:39 PM
phylrick
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default cLooking for quiet when I want it.

I currently have Corsa Sports which I lovwe the sound of but I need a 'quiet' mode.

Can anyone tell me of lead me to a sound clip to see what BB Fusion quiet side is compared to Corsa Sports. The loud side I am sure will do since they are basically open pipes. I also want to avoid drone like a disease! Had Corsa Extremes and the drone killed me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:12 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Sound clips and testimonials aren't going to help you. You need to find a local member with the system and go from there.

You wouldn't regret purchasing unless you are looking for Maybach quiet. I haven't found a system that I like more.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:24 PM
phylrick
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by User Omega
Sound clips and testimonials aren't going to help you. You need to find a local member with the system and go from there.

You wouldn't regret purchasing unless you are looking for Maybach quiet. I haven't found a system that I like more.
not sure what Maybach is .....Im'm sorta looking for stock corvette sound in quiet. Loud sides are all open pipes and ya can't do better than that.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:32 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Closed this exhaust is slightly louder than stock. Very very mild when closed. It is much louder open. There are a ton of videos on youtube but capturing sound, especially drone levels are almost impossible. With cats I had no drone with flaps closed at interstate speeds when I was making 550whp.

It's an ultimate luxury car.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Sound is basically just stock turned up 1 click on volume.

Open they drove. Broken they drone. Mine broke last October and still haven't had time to get them repaired.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:14 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Sound is basically just stock turned up 1 click on volume.

Open they drove. Broken they drone. Mine broke last October and still haven't had time to get them repaired.

That's sad he stock NPP or Bi-Mode is better functioning than the aftermarket. I'll give you $100 for them plus shipping and I'll give you the 3% paypal fee. lmao So what exhaust did you end up running? An which one do you like better if the BB Exhaust worked right?
Old 09-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jaybee924
That's sad he stock NPP or Bi-Mode is better functioning than the aftermarket. I'll give you $100 for them plus shipping and I'll give you the 3% paypal fee. lmao So what exhaust did you end up running? An which one do you like better if the BB Exhaust worked right?
I would just stay stock if I had to do it over again. When I get the B&B fixed I'll debate on selling it or putting it back on. Stock exhaust works great.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Having an issue is very very rare (out of all of the systems sold I believe I've heard of 2 here). Anything mechanical can have a problem. In his case it was bent flaps which may have something to do with his power level. Ive put over 7k miles on mine without one hiccup. They are a huge improvement over stock in most people's opinion.

Last edited by User Omega; 09-09-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Having an issue is very very rare (out of all of the systems sold I believe I've heard of 2 here). Anything mechanical can have a problem. In his case it was bent flaps which may have something to do with his power level. Ive put over 7k miles on mine without one hiccup. They are a huge improvement over stock in most people's opinion.
I've talked to 4 people now with same issue. So I don't know if it is rare or not, but it isn't something I want to deal with again.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Fusion Exhaust Sound?

Old 09-10-2017, 12:51 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unreal
I've talked to 4 people now with same issue. So I don't know if it is rare or not, but it isn't something I want to deal with again.
Thanks to Unreal and other post by other people and them breaking I stayed away. I think it was a more common problem no matter what power level. It may sounds a tad or better than stock but also the drone people were reporting when open I stayed away and bought some NPP mufflers w/muffler mod for a great price, bought the NPP in a box and I can't lie I couldn't be happier. Actually everyone says they like the way it sounds and I don't even have headers yet. Especially since I'm going to do a cam down the road. I will admit though with them closed it does sound the the engine fell out the car but after I get out of the neighborhood, they be open though. The BB probably sounds better closed though but it is what it is. Not bashing BB or saying their exhaust is bad by any means. But that stuff I get installed by a professional so if something goes side ways that's more money out my pocket and wouldn't want that and would be highly upset especially forking out all that money for those just to redo it. Just sayin

Last edited by jaybee924; 09-10-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Thanks to Unreal and other post by other people and them breaking I stayed away. I think it was a more common problem no matter what power level. It may sounds a tad or better than stock but also the drone people were reporting when open I stayed away and bought some NPP mufflers w/muffler mod for a great price, bought the NPP in a box and I can't lie I couldn't be happier. Actually everyone says they like the way it sounds and I don't even have headers yet. Especially since I'm going to do a cam down the road. I will admit though with them closed it does sound the the engine fell out the car but after I get out of the neighborhood, they be open though. The BB probably sounds better closed though but it is what it is. Not bashing BB or saying their exhaust is bad by any means. But that stuff I get installed by a professional so if something goes side ways that's more money out my pocket and wouldn't want that and would be highly upset especially forking out all that money for those just to redo it. Just sayin

Oh boy...

Anything mechanical can fail. I don't ever defend a company but this is just insane. If you went by a few bad reports you wouldn't be able to buy anything. Not even a can of soup. How did you possibly purchase a Corvette when there are much more reliable cars in the world?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:48 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Oh boy...

Anything mechanical can fail. I don't ever defend a company but this is just insane. If you went by a few bad reports you wouldn't be able to buy anything. Not even a can of soup. How did you possibly purchase a Corvette when there are much more reliable cars in the world?
I'm not even going to waste my time. An yes I know anything can mechanical can fail. Whatever dude!!! That's like you buy a Z06 knowing about the head issues and possibly overheating. Buy it and don't address the issue and then blows up and your like I didn't know but you did know about it. Now some people may not know about it honestly. That's why we have forums and the internet now. So you can find out information and it's up to you, what you want to go with. As I said before not bashing BB FUSION Exhaust or anything you just go with something more proven to work with some people. Yes I'm happy with my exhaust but yes I have still even thought about going with the BB Fusions but more than likely won't because if the valves messed up that would be nobody fault but mine considering it have been reports of issues out there plus drone which is subjective to each person. That being said I don't and haven't heard about an Akra Exhaust Valve failures which yes I'm sure it's far less of them than the BB Fusion Exhaust out there. But as I said before not bashing BB FUSION Exhaust and everyone has their opinion.

Last edited by jaybee924; 09-10-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B&B Fusion Exhaust Sound?