C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Kingsize
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Z06 Seat Swap

I am in the process of swapping 09' Z06 seats into my 07' 1LT C6, and what looked like a simple bolt and plug in procedure, has not been so easy on the driver seat. The driver Z06 seat has a couple modules under it, unlike my standard seat. The Z06 seat has the same functions, other than the heated seat option and airbags. I have searched for hours now without any luck as to why it will not move at all once plugged in. Any info you can give me would be great.

Jason
Old 01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Jcrumpley
Racer

Default What about changing tracks

I'm not sure if you can solve that issue without hacking into the wiring. It might be a more simple solution to switch the tracks from one seat to the other. Once you find the correct 4 bolts, the seats unbolt from the seat track assembly pretty easily. I'm making an assumption though that the seat bolt holes are located in the same positions on the different seats. I've had my 2007 1LT seats off of the tracks though, so it seems possible. Just make sure you remove the correct bolts. There are some bolts that appear to go into the bottom of the seat, that if you remove, will cause you havoc as they will partially disassemble the track.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I have no idea, it's beyond my ability but.....Ray Kawal went the opposite way, put 3LT seats in his Z06. Here's his write up that might give you some help. If not you might contact Ray and ask. He's really knowledgeable and a great helpful guy. Good luck.

http://www.kawal.net/power%20seats.htm
Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Kingsize
Racer

Well... Unbelievable.... I figured it out. All I did is pull out all the modules under the Z06 seat, unplugged the entire harness from my original seats, and simply plugged in my old harness to the available connectors and it worked perfectly... Wow, didn't think it would be that simple. I guess I tried to over-complicate the issue once I seen all the modules.

I am now putting the C6 seats in my C5 FRC and guess what? Same scenario. The C5 harness plugged directly into the C6 seat once I swapped over the C5 relay box. The only difference is the end that plugs into the seat switches. All I need now it to find the wiring diagrams and splice in the C6 window switch plug onto the C5 Harness.

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for an 07' seat and a 99' seat?

Thanks, Jason
Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Kingsize
Racer

Got the C6 seats in the FRC now as well. Everything is plug and play Minus the seat position switch, and that was easy to wire up once I found the wiring diagrams. Thanks for what you guys posted up, and for the PM's.

I'll get some pics of them up later as well. Thanks for the seats Marc!

Don't hesitate to buy from Marc@vettenuts.net! Everything came in looking perfect and was received 2 days after it shipped.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
DaCarGuru
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingsize
Well... Unbelievable.... I figured it out. All I did is pull out all the modules under the Z06 seat, unplugged the entire harness from my original seats, and simply plugged in my old harness to the available connectors and it worked perfectly... Wow, didn't think it would be that simple. I guess I tried to over-complicate the issue once I seen all the modules.

I am now putting the C6 seats in my C5 FRC and guess what? Same scenario. The C5 harness plugged directly into the C6 seat once I swapped over the C5 relay box. The only difference is the end that plugs into the seat switches. All I need now it to find the wiring diagrams and splice in the C6 window switch plug onto the C5 Harness.

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for an 07' seat and a 99' seat?

Thanks, Jason
sorry to revive the old thread, but what is a window swith plug? I'm getting ready to do the same swap as you in my C5 Vert. so your using the entire c6 seat assembly except for the relay box?

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Seat Swap

Quick Reply: Z06 Seat Swap