C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Install Idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
rtruett1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Force Install Idle problems

I have just recently had a E-Force Supercharger installed on my 2005 C6. Everything works perfectly but the only issue that I have is that when I come to a stop and press the clutch sometimes the engine will drop to 200 to 300 rpm's and catch itself and returns to normal idle around 600 to 700 rpm's. And then sometimes the engine will completely drop off and good dead. I am sure that it has something to do with the tune that we used after installation of the E-Force. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

tune causing problem.. probably. i assume your not getting any indication of CEL that would have code(s) pointing to a certain problem.

suggestion... go back to installer. ask that they download LATEST tune from Edelbrock, ensure its correct version and (re)install/load it. the tune that arrives with the kit is not necessarily latest version, they actually recommend downloading correct version from their site. i have no clue if your installer is a newbie or does many e-force.

question.. do you intend on keeping Edelbrock kit warrenty or a 3rd party warrenty?
if no, you might consider Chuck CoW for a good tune. contact them for information if you dont trust the installer to 'fix/reinstall the latest & correct tune'. here is 2005-2007 kit 1593 install, note page 30 and on for flashing ECU.. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_.../1000/1593.pdf

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...chuck-cow.html

i cant tell where you are from your profile. CoW goes to different places, he was in Oklahoma in/near OKC recently. They also do tunes over the net (they can explain).

Last edited by ChevyDave; 07-01-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added suggestion
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

If I understand your original post correctly you re-tuned the car after the original installation? If so, why was the re-tune performed? Do you have something other than an otherwise 100% stock car that required the re-tune or were you given advice that more power could be extracted from a custom tune?

If the car had no issues prior to the install and if the install was performed correctly, the car would have performed fine with the provided calibration on the handheld tuner.

I have lost track of the number of Edelbrock installs that have been botched by custom toons. I have seen everything from simple **** poor driveability to full blown engine destruction from custom toons on this supercharger performed by self proclaimed experts. Typically these happen after the shop convinces the car's owner that the handheld tune is garbage and they can produce more power. Ironic, you paid the guy extra to screw up your car!

Take the car back to the 100% factory calibration, upload the latest calibration from the provided handheld tuner and then take the car for a ride. I bet a beer your driveability problems go away.

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 07-01-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 PM
rtruett1
Intermediate

Thanks for the input, I did download the latest version using the serial number on the supercharger. The only tune that was done was after the installation of the supercharger and he used the updated tune that I downloaded off of the Elderbrock website so he did use the latest version available. I will probably talk to Elderbrock next week as we left this morning for some vacation time. I am not using the warranty, just to many things required in order to get it so I could use someone else like Chuck Cow if I can't resolve the problem with Elderbrock's help. Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Call me if you need any help.....

Originally Posted by rtruett1
Thanks for the input, I did download the latest version using the serial number on the supercharger. The only tune that was done was after the installation of the supercharger and he used the updated tune that I downloaded off of the Elderbrock website so he did use the latest version available. I will probably talk to Elderbrock next week as we left this morning for some vacation time. I am not using the warranty, just to many things required in order to get it so I could use someone else like Chuck Cow if I can't resolve the problem with Elderbrock's help. Thanks
Call me if you need any help..... I do whatever I can to help you.

Chuck CoW
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
rtruett1
Intermediate

Thanks for the response Chuck I will contact you when I get back in town. The E-Force works great and the only thing is when you come to a stop and clutch the car it will sometimes good dead. Some of the time it will get down to around 200-300 rpm's before it catches itself and returns to a normal idle of around 750 rpm's. If there is something or a new tune that you offer let me know what I need to do in order to get it.
Thanks
Robert
Old 05-22-2014, 11:32 PM
zenitramss
1st Gear

So what did you find that resolved this issue? I'm having the exact same issues...maybe a bit worse but same.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:41 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

That is in the tune try to flash it to stock and Just take it about a couple of hundred feet to see if it does it with it stock.. My guess like I have seen before your idle needs some tweeking nothing major happened on my buddies c6.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Keep me posted...

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
That is in the tune try to flash it to stock and Just take it about a couple of hundred feet to see if it does it with it stock.. My guess like I have seen before your idle needs some tweeking nothing major happened on my buddies c6.
Keep me posted and let me know what you find out.

Chuck CoW
Old 05-23-2014, 02:55 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes I have seen this on multiple c6s mostly ls3s for some reason the computer compensates after it idles low and quickly corrects it. The tuner can go in there and fix it without even driving it if he has the patience. I guarantee you it will take about half a day to fix if he doesn't know how to trick the com. I guess that's where chuck comes in..goof luck. But try what I said first reflash it to stock and see how it drives, it shouldn't harm the motor...
Old 05-19-2016, 09:40 AM
chief253
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem. What finally fixed it?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:05 AM
rtruett1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chief253
Same problem. What finally fixed it?
I actually carried to a local guy that had to do some tuning and made it a lot better still acts up occasionally when I first crank it. He found some numbers that were inverted in the program of the canned tune that came with the super charger. Hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force Install Idle problems

Quick Reply: E-Force Install Idle problems