C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Works Chambered Exhaust on C6 LS3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM
vettester22
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Works Chambered Exhaust on C6 LS3

It took me a long time to find an exhaust for my C6. I like to try and be a little different from the rest of the crowd, so I heard Stainless Works made a great product, at a deal of a price, so I went for it. I havent been able to find anything truly informative on their product on a C6, so hopefully this will help others!

My end goal is to go 3" all the way with the help of The Vette Doctors, and their slam dunk ARH package install with tune. I had to take the muzzle off of my LS3, as I was sick and tired of the stock exhaust, so I wanted to reverse engineer the set-up.

I went with the Z06 Chambered version, from Byunspeed. I've picked up a few things on there, without issue, but they really dont give the good impression that they liked to be bothered with buyer's questions in my honest opinion.

I expected to be able to do a quick swap with the help of some reducers, however when I went to match it up, I knew I'd need a torch and a welder.

After further research (my fault) I found that the Z06 h-pipe is actually 2" shorter than the C6. Cutting would just leave me at the bend in the pipe, with no place to attach a slip fit, so I took it to the guys at EB3 out in Manassas who did a slam dunk job getting it on, and patching up my mess.

Exhaust Tip fittment was a bit of an issue. We played with it until we got them to the best we could. I e-mailed Anthony at Stainless, who after sending pictures, had Paul reach out to me to help replace it. Their customer service is excellent to say the least. I still owe them a call to get the new tip, but in the end, I'm happy with it all.

There is only mild drone at the 1900-2100 RPM range. For some reason I want to think this will be cleared up when there is a 3" pipe all the way through.

For the guys like me who eventually want to go for big results, but in the meantime want big sound, this is a nice route to take.

In the video, from Idle to 6k RPM, then slowly up and hanging at 4k.

Last edited by vettester22; 09-17-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds great!

The only thing I can say about ByunSpeed is that they think "this has always been our policy" somehow translates into having great Customer Service (as they've implied in their ported throttle body threads).

I can't comment on their products, but from a purely third-party observer perspective... I don't think they have really thought much about what "customer service" means. Which might explain why you got the impression that you did.

But I digress: That really is a mean sounding exhaust. I've heard of Stainless Works years ago when I was hanging out in the C4 forums glad to hear they're still around and making good products! I really like the sound.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:33 PM
vettester22
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Random84
Sounds great!

The only thing I can say about ByunSpeed is that they think "this has always been our policy" somehow translates into having great Customer Service (as they've implied in their ported throttle body threads).

I can't comment on their products, but from a purely third-party observer perspective... I don't think they have really thought much about what "customer service" means. Which might explain why you got the impression that you did.

But I digress: That really is a mean sounding exhaust. I've heard of Stainless Works years ago when I was hanging out in the C4 forums glad to hear they're still around and making good products! I really like the sound.
Thanks man! Headers should wake it up a little more, as well a cam. Agreed on Byunspeed... they have awesome deals and a good assortment of good stuff, but if it werent for that, cant say id do business with them. I guess thats all it takes!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 AM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default i'm not a fan of byunspeed either

I bought my Kooks header & x-pipe system from them as well as other stuff and not only did the exhaust not come together, about a week apart, but when I called to ask when it would arrive they told me that because of the FREE SHIPPING I would have to wait. Needless to say if another vendor is available I would choose another vendor.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 AM
0Stainless Works
Former Vendor

Thanks for all the good comments on our system. Yes we are still around and will be for a long time.

Check out our new site we just launched a few months ago

Stainless Works Performance Exhaust

Also, we now inlcude header bolts and RTV silicone with the purchase of our headers for most applications.

SW Headers are now Install Ready
Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I was looking at a vendor's web page and they showed that 05-08 were only available in 1 3/4" and 2", is that accurate? I have an 08 ls3 and am a little confused as to whether or not you guys even offer this product.

Daniel

Last edited by Bigwebb; 05-07-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:37 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

The post you are asking a question about is from 2011. Stainless Works was last on the forum in 2016 so I doubt you will get an answer to your question.....

Last edited by BadAV; 05-08-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stainless Works Chambered Exhaust on C6 LS3

Quick Reply: Stainless Works Chambered Exhaust on C6 LS3