C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Series Street Car Shootout Nov 11 & 12 Orlando FL

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Kerrdogg
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I do have a problem with is the scumbag who goes out to track to talk trash, doesn't want to pay the fee to race and then leaves the track to race on the street. I hear about it all the time. Kids leaving the track, or on the way to the track getting into fatal crashes.

That is the type of person I will never have respect for. Those people are just idiots!

If that is what is happening get in touch with the track management and law enforcement officials in the area. It got so bad at Moroso that the day of an import event the FHP set up a road block and stopped every import car on the way out to the track to give them a pep talk, I was in a Mustang and did not get stopped, go figure.

One other question, was the track already there when you moved to the neighborhood?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by johnnybravothepimp
I love cars, but I've never driven my car on a track. But I did not know there was a track behind my house until one night I was lying in bed and heard a turbo wastegate dumping and vibrating my windows at 2am.
That sounds like a pretty mean ride, did you happen to see what kind of car it was?

In all seriousness, that's a bummer about being so close to a racetrack that it interrupts your evenings and sleep patterns. I don't even know what you could do about it if they (the track) isn't breaking any laws or ordinances.

I don't suppose window insulation or something would help if the noise is so loud it shakes your home. Good luck with it
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM
johnnybravothepimp
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The track was built about 2-3 years ago, and I've been in the house 6 years. And they are breaking orange county code, it's just that orange county won't do anything about it.

An this is my point. By blatantly braking county code, they are instilling into these kids that it's okay to do whatever the hell you want, because nobody is going to stop you!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The track was built about 2-3 years ago, and I've been in the house 6 years. And they are breaking orange county code, it's just that orange county won't do anything about it.

An this is my point. By blatantly braking county code, they are instilling into these kids that it's okay to do whatever the hell you want, because nobody is going to stop you!

OCSO had a big part in helping get that track up and running. If you're familiar with the Orlando car scene, then you know about Mark Davis, who runs the task force. Southchase is a mess when it comes to "La Fiebre".

The track: I have been and found it to be less than stellar, on a Friday night. At one point, the guy was hosing off the launchpad while talking to another track worker when he was supposed to be filling the DRY water box. It is VERY sticky when oil and water are not all over it. I killed my clutch trying to come out too hard. The return area is confusing and people need to watch their speed, as it is completely uncontrolled. I am sure attention to detail will be better in a private rental. The food is outstanding, though and the atmosphere is like any test and tune night.

The Go-Kart track is AWESOME.

-Ronnie
Old 10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

My 1/8 track is pretty strict about the midnight curfew, for this reason. It's a good reason.

Have you tried having a rational conversation about it with the track manager? It couldn't hurt.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 302 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I am not going to argue with you about the law, Johnny...I do want everyone to know that the closest residential I could find was over a mile from the track as the crow flies....in that mile is nothing but industrial park uses so it is not like they built this track 100' from this gentleman's property...

I understand you have a grudge and so be it...everyone else, come on out and see for yourself what a wonderful facility it is and how nice the folks are...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

TTT - should be a fun weekend!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 AM
dicky
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

getting hpsales to put my new crank pulley on thurs. so i should be there.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Nice dicky-what was wrong with the old one? Or did you just get an underdrive?

I think I'll just drive up Saturday morning and make a few passes. You coming up Friday night or Saturday?
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
dicky
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

my stock one has the wobbles so it ended up getting a 10% underdrive ati, kinda pricey but i shouldnt have to worry about it any more. im planning on going sat morning for the bolt-on/street tire class.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

I have no choice but to go street tire class. I don't want to wear out my drag radials putting 500 miles on them!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Tech Contributor

Good stuff. Hopefully this cool weather continues. I won't be running in a class but would like to get in some TNT for sure.

Joe--don't you have a trailer hitch for just such an occasion??
Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Justinjor
Good stuff. Hopefully this cool weather continues. I won't be running in a class but would like to get in some TNT for sure.

Joe--don't you have a trailer hitch for just such an occasion??
Yea, but pulling a trailer 250 miles slows me down!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd go if it was in Bithlo, but I ain't wasting any time going to that 1/8 mile storage lot. Why would they pick there.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by speedraider
I'd go if it was in Bithlo, but I ain't wasting any time going to that 1/8 mile storage lot. Why would they pick there.
If you lived in Memphis, Wentzville, St. Louis or Kansas City you'd be singing a different tune - all their tracks have closed.

Luckily a couple have promised to reopen...we'll see...

I try to support both of the tracks in easy driving distance from my house as I really like the sport.

Just an alternative view.

I haven't seen this track, but generally, I'm happy when a track opens these days.

Last edited by Joe_G; 11-08-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:26 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I hope to make it up Saturday and get to meet a few of you. I was at the Immokallee 1/8 mile track a few weeks ago and I think I am getting the bug again I never ran the 1/8 mile when I ran my Camaro's, Chevelles several years ago in Bradenton & Moroso. Still looks like alot of fun....I actually still have an old 525CI R&M alum headed roller motor in storage. Hmmm maybe time to find something to put it in?? I need to keep it quiet as my wife is near by
Old 11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Ls240sx
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Im thinking ill be making it to this. Hopefully there are some fast cars there

Quick Reply: LS Series Street Car Shootout Nov 11 & 12 Orlando FL