C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on supercharging my new grand sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on supercharging my new grand sport

I am brand new to the world of corvettes. Just took possession of a 2012 grand sport and am loving the car.

Thinking about having someone in Dallas/Fort Worth area where I live put a supercharger on my new 2012 GS. I am aware this would almost certainly void my warranty.

What other factors should I consider besides the fact the warranty will void? How much more likely am I to blow the car up altogether? Would my gas mileage go in the toilet? I am told the warranty the offer on superchargers is not worth the paper it is printed on. Anyone know of any reputable shops in Dallas area that can do good work?

I am a novice when it comes to aftermarket mods as well as well as the consequences that come with them so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Marknewbie
I am brand new to the world of corvettes. Just took possession of a 2012 grand sport and am loving the car.

Thinking about having someone in Dallas/Fort Worth area where I live put a supercharger on my new 2012 GS. I am aware this would almost certainly void my warranty.

What other factors should I consider besides the fact the warranty will void? How much more likely am I to blow the car up altogether? Would my gas mileage go in the toilet? I am told the warranty the offer on superchargers is not worth the paper it is printed on. Anyone know of any reputable shops in Dallas area that can do good work?

I am a novice when it comes to aftermarket mods as well as well as the consequences that come with them so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
It's all in the tune. I'd suggest you post in the Forced Induction/Nitrous section for better answers.

San
Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Contact Dallas Performance. They build some really nice rides.
http://www.dallasperformance.com/company.html
Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM
turboffr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If it's tuned right it won't blow up, will drive like stock ( until you floor it) and your fuel mileage will only suffer if you're always on the throttle.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, Call Taylor at Dallas Peformance. If your going to supercharge it in your location he is the one you want to talk to.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 AM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll throw another company out there. SNL Performance

I've had work done on my old car (gto) and they do awesome work and won't try to screw you. Also has a great tuner in Matt there.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmansan
It's all in the tune. I'd suggest you post in the Forced Induction/Nitrous section for better answers.

San
Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM
chrisw95
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks!
Are you going to be tracking the car? If not, I really don't see a total need in supercharging it (Although they do sound bad ***).
I think a more aggressive tune might give you what you're after.
Also, please consider that when supercharging, you will need to do more than just add the charger, headers are usually a good idea, and I always go with bigger valves, rockers, etc, just to handle the increase in flow.
Also, a good tuner will take an image of the factory tune, and if you need warranty work, they have no issues in switching you back to stock, and 20+ key starts later, no warranty issues.
Personally, and I'm only giving my opinion, I would look at a proper and aggressive tune to start with, as these cars have so much more power than what the factory gives us.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Thanks!
We can supercharge your car - AND you KEEP your factory powertrain warranty, supplimented by the Callaway Powertrain Warranty

Nobody builds power, reliability, drivablity, and emissions compliance - all with a full powertrain warranty that is peerless in the industry, like Callaway!

For more on Callaway, please visit our website @ www.callawaycars.com

We'd be glad to work with you on your new Corvette and look forward to hearing from you
Attached Images    
Old 08-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Rocket-J
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SC Grand Sport

I have a 2012 GS. I plan on a SC soon.
To answer two of you questions.
My buddy has a 2007 base model LS2 Vette. He has about 600+RWHP. It has been SC for at least 4 years. No engine issues at all. He gets 1 MPG better mileage than I do and can run a sub 11 sec 1/4 mile. He is also capable of 200 at the Mojave Magnum. I am encouraged by how well the Corvette engines hold up. There is nothing forged in a LS2 factory engine yet they handle that kind of power for a long time. Yes, you and I have an LS3, not he engine he has. But we do have some forged parts and I would believe our LS3 will hold up as well or better. Go for it.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:32 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

nearly 4 yr old thread, back from the dead.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions on supercharging my new grand sport

Quick Reply: Questions on supercharging my new grand sport