C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 AM
bluerush
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle position sensor

hey i'm wondering if anyhone has had their car throw this code (throttle positon sensor ). i checked it at advance auto parts. after the care threw this error code it no longer picks up the power band. in regular daily driving it downshifts fine through all of the gears but when i floor it it just revs up to the red line but does not pick up the power band. i called the dealership and they said that there is two throttle position sensors one on the gas peddle and one on the throttle body. honestly i thought it was the tranny but i need some feedback can u guys help me out? thanks in advance (2005 c6 regular)

Last edited by bluerush; 11-19-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i have on 05 m6 aswell. the tps is part of the tbody. the gas pedal has the pedal position sensor attached to it. unless you have ported the tbody or changed to cold air intake, your problem is more than likely the pedal, @ $125 from the dealer and 15 minute swap. mine had a "dead spot" in it that went bad without warning. it was a problem on gto's and early c6. the dealer normaly stocks the pedal.

good luck

Tom
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 AM
bluerush
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i switched out the throttle body with a 5.3 chevy truck and after disconnecting the battery it picked up the new tables and did the same thing. so i guess i will start with the pedal then. my cousin says that this may be because the tranny is low on tranny fluid from all the racing. and yes i did add a cold air intake to it. it almost feels like the car is not tuned to shift because if i floor from a dead stop it will run up the first gear all the way to the red line on the power band. thanks for the input.

Get notified of new replies

To throttle position sensor

Quick Reply: throttle position sensor