C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Routing Oil Lines to DeWitts Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
irapilot
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Routing Oil Lines to DeWitts Radiator

I have a 2006 that I am installing a DeWitts radiator with internal oil cooler. I have the adapter for using AN fittings and braided lines. Can anyone give me any information on how you routed the oil lines from the adapter to the radiator.

Thanks Gary
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

if you have the lines and fittings already then they run through the motor mount along the block. if not the best is to get the hard lines from Tom at Dewitts. better flow and fit correctly
they slip right in after you loosen the motor mount and lift the engine a bit with a wood block & and a jack
Old 02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
if you have the lines and fittings already then they run through the motor mount along the block. if not the best is to get the hard lines from Tom at Dewitts. better flow and fit correctly
they slip right in after you loosen the motor mount and lift the engine a bit with a wood block & and a jack
Just use the factory lines off an 05 Z51 Vette. They were made for an oil cooler in the radiator.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
Just use the factory lines off an 05 Z51 Vette. They were made for an oil cooler in the radiator.
might work I was not sure the fittings were in the same place as some of the factory setups connect to an oil to air cooler in front of the condensor. others connect to the radiator
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
might work I was not sure the fittings were in the same place as some of the factory setups connect to an oil to air cooler in front of the condensor. others connect to the radiator
That's why I said to use one off an 05. It has the oil cooler in the radiator.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you sure that this is it?

http://www.partstaxi.com/parts/2005/...iagram=CF05050

I have an 07 and a Dewitts to install wiht the EOC. I was planning on getting the Kaltech oil block and then asking about what braded lines I need to custom build. I can see that a 90 degree and a 45 degree are used from the block but don't know how long the lines need to be or what type of end fitting is needed at the radiator.

This GM part is cheap and if it does it all, and you are saying you get better flow then that would be great. Are you positive I don't need anyting else but this part?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

I have 05 Z51 oil cooler lines available if you need them. Perfect shape with 38k miles on them - i swapped to an external Z06 cooler and dont need them. Shoot me a PM with what you think is a fair price and cover shipping and they are yours. Should save you money if that's the direction you want to head in.

Get notified of new replies

To Routing Oil Lines to DeWitts Radiator

Quick Reply: Routing Oil Lines to DeWitts Radiator