C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gm fails at clutch lines....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by devonvmax
So this happened to me as well. I went the route of ebaying myself a complete exhaust system over the last 9 months putting piece by piece together at about a third of the price. Well turns out the 2/3 saved did'nt include directions lol. so once I warmed the thing up and pushed in the clutch Kapow! Well I went back to searching solutions and looking at prices for the fix. I am an average guy with mechanical inclination mostly towards motorcycles. I ripped everything back off, went to the local Napa auto Parts and bought a foot long section of 1/4 inch brake line. i used a tube bender and flange tool. cut the rubber section out of the pre-existing clutch line. flared the old metal clutch line ends and replaced it. total cost of the repair was $5.88 . the clutch also feels alot better now. i routed the clutch line along with the metal fuel lines along the fire wall. put a couple of zip ties in place and have been trouble free since. I read how it was hard to bleed the clutch. i wear extra large gloves and consider my paws large. I had no trouble fitting a 9mm box end on the bleeder screw and bleeding the system. my five year old pumped the clutch for popsicles. If this helps anybody out there I am happy to share.
When I read the first post I was thinking the exact same thing why not just replace it with a solid line.

As they say do the math 400 or 6 bucks????

How often do you move the slave.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM
devonvmax
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree with that! I used an entire foot with curvature to allow movement a bit. It's truly a fix not an engineering replacement . So far 5000 miles no leaks. The quick disconnect will just have to be undone when it's time for a clutch is all then I will replace everything at that time
Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
devonvmax
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
When I read the first post I was thinking the exact same thing why not just replace it with a solid line.

As they say do the math 400 or 6 bucks????

How often do you move the slave.

I daily drive the thing . When I turned the master line toward the firewall I ran the line from there down. I will eventually replace it when it's clutch time. As who wouldn't replace a throw out bearing when your that deep into it

Quick Reply: Gm fails at clutch lines....