C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Gas for your Vette

Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Pitbull11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Gas for your Vette

Top Tier, lets you know what gas stations carry the best gas for your Vette.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
1fastbob
Racer

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
Top Tier, lets you know what gas stations carry the best gas for your Vette.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Actually gasoline is all the same except for the additive package that is injected into it as it is loading into transport trucks. Top tier comes from the same storage tanks as "ordinary tier" gasoline. My advise is to use a gas station that is very busy and sells lots of gasoline. Also avoid filling your tank when the gas station has a transport there unloading the gasoline (can stir up sediment and water). Top tier gas may have a more effective additive package. If indoubt about the gasoline quality just add a bottle of Techron to the tank every few thousand miles. YMMV
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shell apparently has the best additive package in its premium, but Mobil and Chevron have good ones as well.

I just throw a SeaFoam in the tank with my Vette fillups because I buy from a nearby 7-11 which probably has zero additives.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
1fastbob
Racer

Originally Posted by KneeDragr
Shell apparently has the best additive package in its premium, but Mobil and Chevron have good ones as well.

I just throw a SeaFoam in the tank with my Vette fillups because I buy from a nearby 7-11 which probably has zero additives.
All gasoiline will have additives. Some are proprietary to the Brand and some are better than others. I'm not a real fan of Seafoam for gasoline, but some people swear by the stuff. Seafoam does however do a great job removing carbon when added into the engine through the vacuum system, but so does water or ATF.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1fastbob
All gasoiline will have additives. Some are proprietary to the Brand and some are better than others. I'm not a real fan of Seafoam for gasoline, but some people swear by the stuff. Seafoam does however do a great job removing carbon when added into the engine through the vacuum system, but so does water or ATF.
Since I dont know how often I will drive my Vette, I use it for the fuel stabilization aspects as well. It does not lower octane rating like Stabil does.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

V-Power all the way!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM
montereyred
Advanced

Default no ethanol gas

I live in Summerville SC and have several gas stations that offer no- ethanol gas. Which I drive out of my way to get. Price is about 15 cents more than other stations but am still paying under 4.00 a gallon with SC's LOW gas Tax.
Dont know if I'm pissing away that 15 cents but its my new car and she is getting the top tier treatment.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Also, as many on here do, go to a gas station that has a large volume of fuel usage or high turn over rate.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Gas for your Vette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Gas for your Vette