Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

[Clutch comparison] Katech LS9R::McCleod RXT::Mantic Twin Disk

Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Clutch comparison] Katech LS9R::McCleod RXT::Mantic Twin Disk

Old 08-09-2015, 11:46 PM
rpmextra
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Did you get the R or X? I have the R and it been great. It hold the power, drives great, and is easy to slip.

Looking forward to your track runs Justin.
I currently have the LSx9 clutch kit from katech. I have had good success with it. However, something is starting to worry me, Apparently, the pedal will sometimes stick right to the floor at high rpm. it has a max rpm of 7000 but have heard about it stick from a few people.

-A friend named Tom has told me that he picked up his brand new ZR1 and it happened to him with less than 80miles on the car.
-There is Sebast19X that told me he discovered the same thing. He was giving me pointers as was Robz and JoeG and ask about my set-up, which happens to be pretty similar to his for the most part. He had the clutch 2 days before replacing it.

I'm not as organized as joeG with my runs (he could probably tell you the weather of each run ) but think I have maybe 20-30 passes on the clutch and it feels ok. But I am worried it's just a question of time with 7100-7300 shifts that it will fail.

I guess if 6500rpm and 700hp/700tq are within your limits its a nice clutch. the pedal feels great, it will handle a 5996rpm launch and it's well priced.

I'm lining up to go to MIR this November and now I'm stuck between getting front skinnies or another clutch. unless I can get a good return on the clutch used, I doubt I could do both. I will know more by next weekend.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I do have weather for each run....(courtesy Drag Times! Lol).

Is your clutch sticking to the floor? If it does remove your pedal spring.

You have a great clutch, don't change it. Your success in such short order is due to that forgiving clutch. Other harder hitting clutches are so much harder to drive. I could point you to a lot of people who struggled. You made a great choice.

Get skinnies. They are a solid .1+ no question. You can get gto spares and 4.5" wheel adapters to fit them. Check me on that measurement, that's from memory. It's out there if you search.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:33 AM
rpmextra
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Joe_G View Post
I do have weather for each run....(courtesy Drag Times! Lol).

Is your clutch sticking to the floor? If it does remove your pedal spring.

You have a great clutch, don't change it. Your success in such short order is due to that forgiving clutch. Other harder hitting clutches are so much harder to drive. I could point you to a lot of people who struggled. You made a great choice.

Get skinnies. They are a solid .1+ no question. You can get gto spares and 4.5" wheel adapters to fit them. Check me on that measurement, that's from memory. It's out there if you search.
I knew you did lol. I should log mine as well as you. Really start to see everything when you do

For sure Joe that's what I was going to try if that happens. Pull the spring. Many assume that spring is for the return but it actually is the opposite. I definitely do not want to replace it if this one works well. I do like everything about it and I really don't want to tear it back apart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Clutch comparison] Katech LS9R::McCleod RXT::Mantic Twin Disk

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: