C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam too big? Broken lifter and valves touched pistons...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:25 PM
66biskwik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also followed your thread. I met you at a car show just after it happened.

ED
Old 04-20-2014, 03:31 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CDaniel525
The car has been back together for few years now, but I had to come out of pocket way too much! If you call a HVAC tech to come install a new compressor in your air conditioner... and it only lasts 2 weeks, does he not replace it free of cost and labor!?
I know how you feel vendors on these forums, moderators need to hear the customer rather than deleting threads and giving warning's, just because they are vendors.. I'm in Dallas and just like I said in the past one shop down here I won't spend another dime in, all because of there so called customer service ethics... Took my 15k elsewhere.... See its how you treat people respect not oooh I'm a vendor I can basically screw u because I can its getting like that now on. To many complaints that I have read on these forums..
Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66biskwik
Just wondering what's the highest lift cam you can put in an LS3 without any other modifications?
i think Lg makes a LgG6x 4 cam that requires fly cutting. might be worth it to some people. other wise the Lgx3 is biggest i see.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:29 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66biskwik
I also followed your thread. I met you at a car show just after it happened.

ED
Ya, I was pretty pissed back then, even little annoyed now as it seems to pop up every once in a while reminding me how I got f***ed on the deal... I just hope people read these threads before selecting a shop with soo many issues, from blown motors, not handing it properly, poor customer service like not returning emails/phone calls, and having to come out of pocket to get it all fixed.

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
I know how you feel vendors on these forums, moderators need to hear the customer rather than deleting threads and giving warning's, just because they are vendors.. I'm in Dallas and just like I said in the past one shop down here I won't spend another dime in, all because of there so called customer service ethics... Took my 15k elsewhere.... See its how you treat people respect not oooh I'm a vendor I can basically screw u because I can its getting like that now on. To many complaints that I have read on these forums..
Ehh be careful... I got an infraction for complaining about the exact things your talking about. But its as if the vendors are untouchable even if they screw over a customer... theres no reprucussion against the shop, and you cant even come in here to vent or warn others to do their due diligince before selecting a shop.
That said, most vendors really are great on here and will go way above and beyond to make sure the customer (aka forum member) is satisfied... but obviously there is a rare few that dont.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Didnt name any vendors just posting thats not against rules....Im just being honest...
Old 04-20-2014, 11:22 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
Didnt name any vendors just posting thats not against rules....Im just being honest...
Ohh I agree brother... what they got me for was....
"Moderator or Site bashing"
Maybe something has changed since then, but I got that for making comments about not being able to post about the vendor... its all in the past, no big deal.

That said, I had the same info on ls1tech.com forums and there were lots of LS gurus and other shops that all agreed on this shop being at fault and detailed tech info about why, in addition to general handling of the situation... This was up there for quite a while, until the shop (also a supporting vendor on that site) had it deleted. All I can say about that is sketchy!

Quick Reply: Cam too big? Broken lifter and valves touched pistons...