C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CoW tune vs local dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Go to Fran@RPM they are one of the best LSx Tuning/Shops in the country and build some of the fastest LSx's. A dyno tune by a reputable shop WILL ALWAYS be better than some mail order tune, thats not even a debate. Don't go to 2 places one for ECM and one for Trans tune that is retarded, a shop worth anything will be able to do a great job on both parts of the tune.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Likely, you can't imagine the volume of calls, visits, pms, and e-mails that come in here on a daily basis....

If anyone ever feels neglected by me, I must apologize.....

However, there certainly is no harm in RE-calling, e-mailing, or whatever....

Most men and their hot-rods don't think about them much in the winter (and I have lots of free time)

but many of them like to cry for attention when EACH AND EVERY CUSTOMER I HAVE

calls me for information and pricing on the first nice day of spring....

Make sure your tuner is BUSY, VERY BUSY.....

If he doesn't get back to you right away....It probably means that he's good at what he does....

Call me if you need me.
Chuck CoW
Well said..............................
sometimes the spring bug is a good thing though
and sometimes people need to save up to get things done
and there are those that don't think much of their cars during the hibernation months.... i'm sorta one of them

I can vouche for CoW's work
i like the improvements on the wife's 05
woke it up nicely
Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Vette Threat
Hmmmmmmm...........I recently got a full mail order tune from ECS for $150 on my 2010 GS. I also asked them to improve the throttle response so that it feels more linear like my cable driven LT1 stroker was. They did exactly that at NO EXTRA CHARGE and the car feels incredible now, much more responsive as it should have been from the factory. The car feels like it's giving me 25% power at quarter throttle and 50% power at half throttle and does not lag, it's perfect now.

Mention to Mike you want the throttle response to be more linear and you'll be glad you did even though most tuners will clean that up for you anyways as it is a common mod that many tuners know how to do and have been doing for years

Hmmmm,,, Well, I know for sure that you DIDNT get any sort of "ELECTRONIC" Throttle enhacement in the same order of throttle improvement as a COW Boosted tune via a mail order tune. Thayt my friend just aint happening!

When the ECU is tuned correctly, you will get significantly better throttle response. No doub about that. No doubt that ECS improved that!

If you drive a COW Boosted car and have the same throttle response improvement,, I will eat my words! Can you use traction control to select different levels of throttle control sensitivity??????

My guess is,, the answer is NO!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Hmmmm,,, Well, I know for sure that you DIDNT get any sort of "ELECTRONIC" Throttle enhacement in the same order of throttle improvement as a COW Boosted tune via a mail order tune. Thayt my friend just aint happening!

When the ECU is tuned correctly, you will get significantly better throttle response. No doub about that. No doubt that ECS improved that!

If you drive a COW Boosted car and have the same throttle response improvement,, I will eat my words! Can you use traction control to select different levels of throttle control sensitivity??????

My guess is,, the answer is NO!
Please do not turn my thread into a pissing match
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
RainMan12
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
This forum is not a good place to do such a thing though. Check around on other LSX based forums if you want to get unfiltered comments.
I agree. This is the worst place to go for unbiased advice about any Corvette product, because the forum sponsors pay money to this site, and if anyone says anything negative about them, the post gets pulled and they get booted off the forum. Its a shame too, because this could be such a good forum, but unfortunately the only opinions you'll ever get about any product a sponsor sells are the positive ones, which have already been bought and paid for.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RainMan12
I agree. This is the worst place to go for unbiased advice about any Corvette product, because the forum sponsors pay money to this site, and if anyone says anything negative about them, the post gets pulled and they get booted off the forum. Its a shame too, because this could be such a good forum, but unfortunately the only opinions you'll ever get about any product a sponsor sells are the positive ones, which have already been bought and paid for.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM
LS9Drew
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Rather have my car be faster and not just feel faster, just saying........
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Vette Threat
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LS7 DREW
Rather have my car be faster and not just feel faster, just saying........
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

it must be a positive formula because this is the best and biggest corvette forum of them all
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM
RainMan12
Racer

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
it must be a positive formula because this is the best and biggest corvette forum of them all
Yea, it works out wonderfully for the vendors.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Yea, it works out wonderfully for the vendors.
it works for the members, some of these forums you could wait a week to get a response for today's date
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
it works for the members, some of these forums you could wait a week to get a response for today's date
This is also the place where you spend $70 for LEDs that you can buy elsewhere for $35. Just sayin'
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
RainMan12
Racer

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
This is also the place where you spend $70 for LEDs that you can buy elsewhere for $35. Just sayin'
No joke. The limitation of the free flow of information on this site, both good and bad, puts just about every post about any product on here in question. I've purchased at least two products that were raved about on here that are absolute junk but since they are sold by "Forum Sponsors" here, no one is allowed to post any negative experience with them. So others will blindly go down the same path and purchase them, only to find out they have wasted their money.

Internet Forums were established to allow the FREE FLOW of information, both good and bad, so that folks could educate themselves about what products work and what ones don't. The way this forum protects it sponsors sets that idea on it's head. I understand them not wanting members to totally bash a vendor, and I agree with that. But they go way overboard to the point of not even letting you post negative experience with a poor product, if that product is sold by a sponsor of this site.

If I wanted to watch commercials all day long spouting about how good any given product is, I'd turn on the TV. I come to internet forums to find out the real scoop about what ones are good and what ones aren't. I'm unable to do that on this forum, because it's literally over-run by "Sponsors" and "Sales Posts" from them.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW

If he doesn't get back to you right away....It probably means that he's good at what he does....

Chuck CoW
I would say exactly the opposite. He's bad at what he does...... not treating customers and people with respect.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robz
I would say exactly the opposite. He's bad at what he does...... not treating customers and people with respect.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by robz
Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Well, this thread went way off track.

Get notified of new replies

To CoW tune vs local dyno tune?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Well, this thread went way off track.
If you went to mike its right on track.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
besz28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No joke. The limitation of the free flow of information on this site, both good and bad, puts just about every post about any product on here in question. I've purchased at least two products that were raved about on here that are absolute junk but since they are sold by "Forum Sponsors" here, no one is allowed to post any negative experience with them. So others will blindly go down the same path and purchase them, only to find out they have wasted their money.

Internet Forums were established to allow the FREE FLOW of information, both good and bad, so that folks could educate themselves about what products work and what ones don't. The way this forum protects it sponsors sets that idea on it's head. I understand them not wanting members to totally bash a vendor, and I agree with that. But they go way overboard to the point of not even letting you post negative experience with a poor product, if that product is sold by a sponsor of this site.

If I wanted to watch commercials all day long spouting about how good any given product is, I'd turn on the TV. I come to internet forums to find out the real scoop about what ones are good and what ones aren't. I'm unable to do that on this forum, because it's literally over-run by "Sponsors" and "Sales Posts" from them.
very well said
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

But they go way overboard to the point of not even letting you post negative experience with a poor product, if that product is sold by a sponsor of this site.
Do it the right way, there's no problem. DON'T, DON'T, DON'T post your negative comments about a product in a sales thread - doesn't matter whether it's a vendor's sales thread or a private individual's sales thread.

Start a new thread and state the facts without bashing anyone.

Quick Reply: CoW tune vs local dyno tune?