C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Performance Add for C6 6 speed LS3

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Danny Richie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JUIC3D
That chart is misleading. Look at the "linear" cable throttle grey line.

It should be 1:1 if there is nothing to interfere. 20% should be 20%, 50% should be 50% etc, but it's not.
You are correct. The cable throttle illustration is not correct as per the numbers on the graph.

Last edited by Danny Richie; 08-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I think most if not all throttle linkages have a ratio. Maybe a Model T doesn't. Throttles all turn 90 degrees, but the gas pedal moves in a linear fashion. Thus there is a linkage ratio.

Anyway, misleading or not, I wish my C6 pedal had more action near the top of the pedal...you have to push the pedal too far to get a rev which makes heel and toe downshifting difficult.
The point is that anything beyond a single two-barrel carb has multiple throttle shafts and they don't all rotate at the same rate. Remember things like quadrajets with the dime sized primaries and sewer cover vacuum operated secondaries? At half the pedal travel the secondaries hadn't even cracked open yet and you could still run 100 MPH. It was the tiny primaries that gave it the good throttle response. If you bypassed the vacuum and modified the linkage to rotate both throttle shafts equally, you couldn't reasonably drive the car except WOT.

However, your C6 has only a single shaft and single plate which means it's like a really really huge single barrel carb. You don't need to move that plate very far to let a lot of air pass by. It's been a long time and my math skills have faded, but you can calculate the amount of free area for each degree of shaft rotation and it's not a straight line 1 to 1 ratio.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but do want the OP to understand what will and what won't produce additional power.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

^^^ The moan of a Quadrajet is music to my ears. No other carb has that sweet sound.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Had the cow booster a year. It's awesome,

Everyone loves the COW booster who has one so go for that. Then consider air intake and a mgw shifter if you drive a manual.

Get a tune especially if you have a Automatic.

Save your money after that and if you want more? Get a supercharger.

Lots of guys dig rear gears too. But not sure the rear gears work well with Supercharger

Good luck and know the COW booster rocks. Those without may say why the COW booster is worthless but all those who have it love it.

Base decisions with actual booster experience. IMO

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 AM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Take it easy, I never said the Cow Booster was worthless, and it's obvious lots of guys like it. Nothing wrong with that.

All I said was it does not produce any increase in horsepower or torque @ WOT. If it does, please show some evidence. "it's awesome!" and "everyone loves it!" don't count.

Quick Reply: Best Performance Add for C6 6 speed LS3