C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Corvette Shop in DC area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 PM
montana_jeepn
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Corvette Shop in DC area?

I went to Ourisman Chevrolet Buick GMC of Alexandria and am still deciding if I should go somewhere else.......just not getting a warm and fuzzy.....what do you think?

1. My wife pulled up and our assigned tech was busy with another customer. So another tech stood up and asked her if she had been in before and if she needed any help.....she told her yes and gave him the tech's name....he said oh okay, let me grab the info off your car for him. I guess our assigned tech almost got into an altercation with his co-worker claiming he was "stealing his customer" and that she "has 3 cars"...which the helpful tech stated he was just helping ......not too professional.

2. When our tech went to get the odometer reading, she said he started pushing all sorts of buttons until my wife leaned over and told him he just had to hit the ignition button once. Then when he went to start it, he was looking for a place to insert the key.......*sigh

Are there any mom and pop speed shops in the area that are good to go? I found one for my Harley, Scalia Cycles in Fairfax, VA.....can't recommend them enough. They got my Super Glide Sport back on the road for me after it sat in storage for 3 years (lots of deployments....) Would love to find someone of similar caliber for my vette.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 AM
C6LSx
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

You're in luck because one of the very best Corvette Repair/Restoration Shops in the entire United States is just outside of the District in Gaithersburg, Maryland and it's "Tony's Corvette Shop".

Contact Information:

Tony's Corvette Shop
7500 Rickenbacker Drive
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879

Phone: (301) 987-0565

Hours:
Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Closed Sunday

An excerpt from their website:
Vette Magazine subscribers rank us as one of the Top 10 performance, restoration, and repair shops in the country. Most importantly, Our customers tell us we are the best! We have been in business since 1988. Since then we have evaluated, repaired, restored, and performance modified over 9,000 Corvettes. We have 10 technicians with over 200 years of Corvette experience under one roof. Our technicians are well educated in the art of restoration, repair and performance modifications. We are the final stop for all Corvette customers, even other shops and dealerships.

Our restoration record is flawless! We have achieved over 250 NCRS TOP FLIGHT & Bloomington Gold Awards -- all on their first presentations.

Our Dyno Laboratory offers our customers the highest calibrated, most accurate and repeatable dynamometer on the east coast. Our skilled technicians know and understand the sophisticated computer technology required to tune the newer Corvettes, as well as tuning the older carbureted classic Corvettes.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by montana_jeepn
I went to Ourisman Chevrolet Buick GMC of Alexandria and am still deciding if I should go somewhere else.......just not getting a warm and fuzzy.....what do you think?

1. My wife pulled up and our assigned tech was busy with another customer. So another tech stood up and asked her if she had been in before and if she needed any help.....she told her yes and gave him the tech's name....he said oh okay, let me grab the info off your car for him. I guess our assigned tech almost got into an altercation with his co-worker claiming he was "stealing his customer" and that she "has 3 cars"...which the helpful tech stated he was just helping ......not too professional.

2. When our tech went to get the odometer reading, she said he started pushing all sorts of buttons until my wife leaned over and told him he just had to hit the ignition button once. Then when he went to start it, he was looking for a place to insert the key.......*sigh

Are there any mom and pop speed shops in the area that are good to go? I found one for my Harley, Scalia Cycles in Fairfax, VA.....can't recommend them enough. They got my Super Glide Sport back on the road for me after it sat in storage for 3 years (lots of deployments....) Would love to find someone of similar caliber for my vette.
If you are willing to take a trip to Frederick, MD we can take care of your needs. We specialize in C5/C6 Vettes but we cover ALL GM vehicles. I have over 23 years experience as a GM certified tech and over 14 of those years as a Corvette tech. I am a recertified ASE master tech also. Please contact us for any of your needs.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Feel free to give us a call. We could be glad to help you out.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:06 PM
montana_jeepn
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you guys! Next time I am ready to have some work done, I will reach out.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by C6LSx
You're in luck because one of the very best Corvette Repair/Restoration Shops in the entire United States is just outside of the District in Gaithersburg, Maryland and it's "Tony's Corvette Shop".

Contact Information:

Tony's Corvette Shop
7500 Rickenbacker Drive
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879

Phone: (301) 987-0565

Hours:
Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm
Closed Sunday
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

I've found shops in this area seem to excel in one or a few things and suck at everything else.

If you need exhaust work I would check out Robert's Custom Exhaust. http://www.robertscustomexhaust.com
Tuning, Ed in VA Beach
Coopers Corvettes does good work from what I've heard. I've never had my car serviced there but i've never heard anything negative. http://cooperscorvettes.com/
Right next door to Coopers is Triangle Frame and Alignment and I've have several alignments done there. Very happy with the results.
The best dealer service I've found is the dealers that support corvette clubs. They seem to care more than the other dealers.
McKay in Fairfax and there is Radley in Fredricksburg VA both are Corvette club supporting dealers.

I've taken my diesel chevy truck to Pohanka and was happy with the service and their parts dept is open on Sundays which has been a big help over the years... GM service dept is really hit or miss around here.

Last edited by Bluewasp; 08-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

who would be best suited to do some finishing work on trick flow heads?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:58 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

You may want to ask Justin Abbott at Zip Products in Mechanicsville, VA

Get notified of new replies

To Best Corvette Shop in DC area?

Quick Reply: Best Corvette Shop in DC area?