C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe_G has a new whip...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Ursoboostd
Good god now I'm modding my Prius.....
I just bought this push button shifter to replace the goofy joy stick.
http://stage-10-online.myshopify.com/products/ess
I've seen those..looks cool.

My 10 y/o loves the gated shifter in the Prius, he wonders why the Prius has a shifter like a Ferrari yet my Vette doesn't.

I'm thinking I want to put a 50 shot on the Prius to get in traffic faster if I need to...mentioned it on the Priuschat and searched for it but didn't get much response nor search results.

I did hack the bejeezus out of thread there, some other guys were posting up their drag strip pics so I took the opportunity to post a few Vette vids...

http://priuschat.com/threads/lowerin....123596/page-2
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Rick is THE MAN when it comes to Barrett Jackson.

He and I were there, and I thought he was going to get arrested for fondling the big blocks...looking for the tell tale casting bumps to see if that was a real 396/375 or a lowly 402 with a set of stickers.

He is a font of knowledge on old school muscle. Kinda scary the details he can recite from memory.
Ah, maybe it's because I'm not blessed with children, that my focus on knowing something else well, came about. That and being a "motorhead". In this case 1964-1974 GM and peripheral Musclecars of that era were what I read on, and grew up with as a kid. But thanks. Glad you get a kick out of it pal.

My 10 y/o loves the gated shifter in the Prius, he wonders why the Prius has a shifter like a Ferrari yet my Vette doesn't.

I'm thinking I want to put a 50 shot on the Prius to get in traffic faster if I need to...mentioned it on the Priuschat and searched for it but didn't get much response nor search results.

I did hack the bejeezus out of thread there, some other guys were posting up their drag strip pics so I took the opportunity to post a few Vette vids...

I thoroughly enjoyed how you and a couple other gents "muscled" your way into that thread/topic.
Great to see that both sides of the coin on the car front are covered.

The fast past a filling station, and the faster on the acceleration!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Ursoboostd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm gonna have to play in that thread too! Funny thing is I've been friends over te Internet with Ken ( the guy your talking to with the Supra in that thread) for a long time. Small world isn't it.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Guess I'm gonna have to play in that thread too! Funny thing is I've been friends over te Internet with Ken ( the guy your talking to with the Supra in that thread) for a long time. Small world isn't it.
Totally nuts... And it turns out that Ken is friends with Nemo, the SRT4 builder where I dyno my vette 3 miles from my house. BTW I'm a Midwest boy myself, born and raised outside Stl.

I'm still so jealous about your LMB Prius... I might have to paint mine. The shop that painted my Vette did a great job.

I saw a LMB 5 for $19k last week...cool led lights and other options but no solar sunroof. It would have been a close call if I'd seen it before my IV with the solar.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Ursoboostd
Racer

Totally nuts... And it turns out that Ken is friends with Nemo, the SRT4 builder where I dyno my vette 3 miles from my house. BTW I'm a Midwest boy myself, born and raised outside Stl.

I'm still so jealous about your LMB Prius... I might have to paint mine. The shop that painted my Vette did a great job.

I saw a LMB 5 for $19k last week...cool led lights and other options but no solar sunroof. It would have been a close call if I'd seen it before my IV with the solar.
Thanks. I'm still diggin the matching cars honestly. Installed the shifter in 5 minutes.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedraider
Hey, that looks like the grass catcher off of my snapper rider.
That's what I thought it was a grass catcher...
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by debo
That's what I thought it was a grass catcher...
With my 2.59 second 0-60 times in the Vette I get my grass cut in no time.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 AM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The best thing about that appendage is when someone in our group walks by at an event, and a hand slides out from under the lid holding a cold Heineken and offers it up from the ice filled Cooler it doubles for!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 544 Likes on 332 Posts

Please dub the audio from the C6 to the Prius video. When you divide the cost of the Prius including insurance by the monthly savings, how many years to break even point dollar wise?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
Please dub the audio from the C6 to the Prius video. When you divide the cost of the Prius including insurance by the monthly savings, how many years to break even point dollar wise?
The express lane tolls savings (up to $14 per day, though not always that much) and the fuel savings add up to more than the car payment & insurance with no money down and 2.5% interest rate, so it was a no brainer.

And I do show people the in car vette video in the Prius, the subwoofers make it sound just like being there except for the acceleration. It's really funny.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Its fun, but I prefer the wind in my hair in your other car
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by scottycards
Congrats, Joe. As a C6/Prius owner since 2008 (2 C6's since then, and 2 Prius'), you're gonna love it.

You'll see right at 50mpg once you learn the hybrid "driving style".

Although I must admit, in a moment of weakness last month, I got tired of the extreme utilitarian nature of the Prius, and jazzed it up a little with my new Lexus CT200h (a Prius with a nice interior, and better handling).

Welcome to the e-Club.

The Prius is one hell of a practical car. I put around 60,000 miles on mine combined, and they are great cars.
Scotty by the way, you are right on point!

I'm currently trying to maximize my gas mileage to get on the Prius "Top 20 MPG" list...and I'll tell you, it's harder to get on than the Corvetteforum top 1/4 mile list...you can't buy mods to get yourself on the Prius list!

Turns out I got an additional 4-5 mpg from a few well placed tips, up to about 55 mpg.

Since the Prius has a 10.5 gallon tank, it turns out a 500 mile tank is like getting an 11 second slip. You have to work at it but it's doable without too much trouble. Some guys get a 600 mile tank, that's like getting into the 10's with a street car. A rare few get a 700 mile tank...they are like the Rangers of the Prius world. And there's one guy who has gotten a few 800 mile tanks...that is like getting a 8 second slip out of a bolt on C6, we don't have the equivalent in the Corvette world. Maybe RobZ and Gary2004Z06 now that I think of it.

BTW I think that 800 mile tank guy is from New Jersey....must be all that negative DA!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Ursoboostd
Racer

Nice joe! Did you get an avg of 55mpg over a whole tank? My best so far is 45mpg over a tank. As the temps get warmer here I know I'll be able to do better.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Nice joe! Did you get an avg of 55mpg over a whole tank? My best so far is 45mpg over a tank. As the temps get warmer here I know I'll be able to do better.
Oh yea. Got my first 500 mile tank yesterday, 510 miles on 10.002 gallons.

I got some good tips on my Hypermiling thread...even picked up a troll calling me a racist machismo ego maniac who prefers to drive triple digits in my gas swilling muscle car. He admonishes me for not driving 50 mph in the slow lane to get better mileage.

It's funny if you want to take a look and there are some good tips in this thread.

http://priuschat.com/threads/my-firs...g-fail.125548/

I'm at 60.0 mpg on this tank, 80 something miles in.

Here is my first 500 mile tank post.

Originally Posted by Joe-G, post: 1792482, member: 103451
Success!

I filled up, 510 miles, 10.002 gallons using my two extra fills after first shutoff technique. 51.0 mpg, not bad considering 180 miles of 70+ with AC and two other gentlemen in the car to and from the drag strip.

It wasn't without drama. After I stopped for the 1 gallon of fuel in my can one block from work (as a little insurance), my DTE went from 12 to 0 in two blocks! I was worried, getting on the highway with 22 miles until I could exit at a reasonable fuel stop.

But I made it and earned my first 500 mile tank. So one goal accomplished. By the way I ran 22 miles on a DTE of 0.

Thanks for the advice today folks.

Last edited by Joe_G; 05-01-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM
theofel
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'13

JOE...your killing me!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Kerrdogg
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride Joe, I see Justin is pulling his car apart and back to stock for sale I presume is there a Prius in his future too?

When I sold the GS I sat on the fence, I have a one mile drive to work, a race car, a project car, bike, scooter, and Tundra so I really didn't need another vehicle. While at PRI I cut some deals with like devils and I ended up picking up a 2013 Mustang with the 3.7 V6. Now before anyone laughs it has the 6 speed stick and picks off 32-34 mpg on the hiway, it also ran 13.90's @ 99 mph stock.

Now I couldn't leave that alone so I called some favors (Tial, Borg Warner & Heatshield) and built a turbo kit for it, it's almost bug free, needs a little clean up on the tune and it will be at the track. BTW all you LS doubters it made 444 rwhp and 480 ftlbs of torque at 12.5 psi. Best of all I paid $20,500 for the car OTD and have a couple grand in it including the Roush take out factory leather interior kit. Should be in the 10's, we'll see soon, still saving for my 458 .

Under hood start up

Dyno

Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

^^^ Thats's awesome! Hit me up next time you go to the track, I'll get some video of you.

Justin bought a new Mustang too and is modding already. Friend him on Facebook for his updates.

Get notified of new replies

To Joe_G has a new whip...

Old 05-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Default And the modding continues....

Picked up a cool mod from the Corvette Museum...

And hey Theofel....I'm going for my first 600 mile tank. I'm sitting at 62.0 cumulative MPG on this tank, 340 miles in. The calculated MPG is a consistent 5% too generous, so real MPG is about 59...the tank holds 11.9, folks have put 11.5 so I should make it easily.

Last edited by Joe_G; 05-12-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And hey Theofel....I'm going for my first 600 mile tank.
Nice Joe, you called him out by name. Game on...LOL
Jeff
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's ugly , it's not American and there are other cars with over 40 mpg. You failed sir.

Quick Reply: Joe_G has a new whip...