C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have your Throttle Body ported by Peak Speed Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:44 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Geez, only took you 8 mos. to update your post! Whatcha been up to Choppy? j/k
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Geez, only took you 8 mos. to update your post! Whatcha been up to Choppy? j/k
Hahahaha
Gear jammin a ZR1 !!!

Last edited by choppychop; 08-21-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 AM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump to top
Old 10-14-2017, 12:11 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

I saw this thread the other day, just curious because I added a V-MAX P&P throttle body years ago BUT I never did anything about the manifold. you have to cut a hole in the firewall on a LS2 corvette to use a FAST and I just didn't want to do that. And the fast is what a $1000 or more for 10 HP?
over the years I have done VERY economical Mods, looking for the best bang for the buck, P&P throttle body, Roller rocker arms, full ZO6 exhaust, a good street cam, A good tune. last time on the dyno it made 390 RWHP. So when I saw the price for this I decided it was more then worth it, So I called Bob he answered a few question I had, he said he had one the shelf, He shipped it right out, while waiting for it I removed my old one and sent it back to him the same day the ported one arrived. I just finished the install, To those of you that think a manifold job is hard. Believe me it is VERY easy, I used to worry about the oil sending unit going out but not now, the swap was REALLY easy! I put in all new gaskets and sensors, but it is an 06 so how could it hurt? I will have the car "retuned" this week and will post the results, on an LS2 the manifold leaves some thing to be desired, We will see but the car acts like it likes it! they say the LS2 can pick up almost 20HP from this mod, I'd really be happy with 10 but would like to get 15, that was my original goal to get over 400HP to the wheels cheaply
Old 10-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Withnasty
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

what is the difference between the basic and radical porting. also, does the radical impact structural integrity all when combined with boost or nitrous?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:13 PM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Withnasty
what is the difference between the basic and radical porting. also, does the radical impact structural integrity all when combined with boost or nitrous?
Basic porting is porting the runners plus the throttle body entrance. Radical porting does all of that plus more work inside the plenum. Most people choose our Radical Porting. It doesn't impact the structural integrity and we've never had one not withstand the pressures of forced induction.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:42 PM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

to the top

Quick Reply: Have your Throttle Body ported by Peak Speed Shop!