C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio not seeing the XM receiver

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
mundo
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Radio not seeing the XM receiver

My son in law just bought a used '05 C6. His radio says it has bands FM1, FM2 and AM even though it has a GM XM receiver and antenna.

Here is what I'm thinking. The radio bezel was just replaced and the main radio is not seeing that there is an XM receiver. The radio is microprocessor controlled. Thats why you see dot matrix characters on the display. The XM receiver probably sends a digital signal to the radio saying it's present and then the processor in the radio then shows the two XM bands on the display. But if the XM receiver was disconnected from the radio then the radio would not think the car was optioned with XM.

Does anyone have a diagram of the XM to radio connection?

We don't have C6 shop manuals yet.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Replacing the bezel shouldn't have affected any connection at the radio.

We usually suggest unplugging and reconnecting the XM module first. Frequently that fixes it.

No I don't have a diagram.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

the xm module in the coupe is in under the carpet just over the driver rear tire, verts have it under the waterfall between the seats. be carefull pulling it out. unplug it wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio not seeing the XM receiver

Quick Reply: Radio not seeing the XM receiver