C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's installed the Walbro 450LPH pump?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:52 AM
FRDnemesis
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Who's installed the Walbro 450LPH pump?

I'm in the midst of replacing my stock Z06 pump with the Walbro 450lph pump (going E85), and the connections were not the same so I clipped the plug and put terminal connections (spade type) on the wires and connected them that way. I secured each wire (+pos) & (-neg) to a separate pillar of the assembly to keep them far apart.

Is this how you did it?

To anyone else? is this okay? The factory connecters were also exposed electrical connections where they mated to the factory fuel pump.

If anyone has any DIY pics of their 450lph pump install, it would be much appreciated.

Also:
Anyone have any tips or recommendations on an easy way to get the metal flex crossover pipe to re-connect to the driver/tank? We eneded up breaking the connector for the two nylons lines where the tank and the crossover tube mate up. That put us at a stopping point so I could order new lines. Pushing that damn crossover tube back into the tank has been damn near impossible. I have the mufflers off the car to even make it better access, still no joy.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by FRDnemesis; 06-03-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

To bump you back to the top, there was a very good write up out here on a DIY fuel pump replacement, if I find it, I'll edit my post to show the link. It had tons of pics, and a lot of useful info.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Z0HM6
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg
To bump you back to the top, there was a very good write up out here on a DIY fuel pump replacement, if I find it, I'll edit my post to show the link. It had tons of pics, and a lot of useful info.
ever find the write up?

Get notified of new replies

To Who's installed the Walbro 450LPH pump?

Quick Reply: Who's installed the Walbro 450LPH pump?