C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 OBD-II CANbus PID for Oil Press/Temp?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Memphomaniac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 OBD-II CANbus PID for Oil Press/Temp?

I have built a data logger for my '06 Z based on an Arduino microcontroller. It uses a CANbus shield to allow me to connect to the car's OBD-II data port and read data from the CANbus (GMLAN). So far, I have been able to read the following data - all PID's are given in hexadecimal:

PID Parameter

0C RPM
0D Speed
11 Throttle Position %

This works fine, but I would like to add oil pressure and oil temperature. This wiki is a good resource for the standard CANbus PID's, and it gives the oil temperature as PID 5C, but I tried that code, and it didn't return any data. I'm suspecting GM put oil temperature under a different code. Also, I cannot find oil pressure at all, and I would really like to have that one.

If anyone has a list of PIDs on the GMLAN for the C6 cars, I'd appreciated any info I can get. Having things like wheel speeds and steering wheel angle would really be great.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I can't look it up right now, but the gm oil temp and pressure both show on the torque app for android. If you make an account and post this question on their forum you'd probably get a reply from the developer pretty quickly.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Memphomaniac
Instructor

Originally Posted by SEVINN
I can't look it up right now, but the gm oil temp and pressure both show on the torque app for android. If you make an account and post this question on their forum you'd probably get a reply from the developer pretty quickly.
Good idea - thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:02 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I took this screenshot with some of the pids and equations, hopefully this is helpful. I'm not sure if the numbered pids in torque are real or something converted for the app.

Name:  5NypDHQ.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  181.5 KB

Last edited by sevinn; 06-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Car54
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Memphomaniac
Good idea - thanks!
I have tried the PID 221154 for Oil Temp and the value that is returned is not close to what the gauge says for my '06 LS2. Have you been able to get it to work or did you find another pid that did work for oil temp?

thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Memphomaniac
Instructor

Hi, I sold my vette, so I'm not monitoring the forum anymore. When I tested this, I was getting data that seemed to follow oil temperature, but the actual values were incorrect, like your results. I figured there was some additional scaling I needed to consider, but since I sold the car, I just stopped working on this. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Car54
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks. I appreciate the reply

Get notified of new replies

To C6 OBD-II CANbus PID for Oil Press/Temp?

Quick Reply: C6 OBD-II CANbus PID for Oil Press/Temp?