C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzz/static noise from speakers with radio OFF

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM
JMAC71
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzz/static noise from speakers with radio OFF

HI Guys,
2008 Corvette. Was listening to radio today going down the hwy. Radio made a pop noise through the speakers and no more music. The radio still works and all just now all the comes from the speakers is a buzz/static sound. The real problem here is with the Radio OFF then there is still the noise coming out of the speakers until you turn the car off. IF you turn the accessory mode on then the noise comes back??? Any ideas? I have been told it is the Amp Relay however not sure nor where it is located. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Jerry
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 AM
JMAC71
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMAC71
HI Guys,
2008 Corvette. Was listening to radio today going down the hwy. Radio made a pop noise through the speakers and no more music. The radio still works and all just now all the comes from the speakers is a buzz/static sound. The real problem here is with the Radio OFF then there is still the noise coming out of the speakers until you turn the car off. IF you turn the accessory mode on then the noise comes back??? Any ideas? I have been told it is the Amp Relay however not sure nor where it is located. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Jerry

UPDATE: Pulled the Audio fuse (#31) under the hood fuse box to stop the noise. Drove care and reinstalled fused to duplicate problem before heading to dealer. Noise had stopped and radio works fine again. ???? Not sure what the problem was. So for now I am good.

thanks
Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 PM
stevedrummer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Noise from speakers when off

Originally Posted by JMAC71
UPDATE: Pulled the Audio fuse (#31) under the hood fuse box to stop the noise. Drove care and reinstalled fused to duplicate problem before heading to dealer. Noise had stopped and radio works fine again. ???? Not sure what the problem was. So for now I am good.

thanks
I have had this problem for quite a while. Every once in a while when the radio is off I get a short static noise from the speakers somewhere. It just lasts a few seconds then stops. Any clues?

Get notified of new replies

To Buzz/static noise from speakers with radio OFF

Quick Reply: Buzz/static noise from speakers with radio OFF